Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion x2 - 10-j005tu
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

I was wondering if i could get some help please as spent the last 2 days looking over the HP forums for help with my  Pavilion x2 - 10-j005tu and afraid getting no place... i can see this thing getting smashed against the wall soon J

HP Equipment: HP Pavilion x2 - 10-j005tu (K2N49PA#AKL)

Events leading up: I had problems with the OS so after trying to solve decided better to use Diskpart and clean the drive (The drive is ok used HP 3 in 1 Tools to test... wouldn’t allow me to install the tools so run them from the USB)  The hard drive has nothing on it.

I have tried creating multibull Boot USB’s using Windows 8.1, 10 & even 7 ISO’s (The ISO's are legal and work on other systems) using ruthus and the settings (GPT, Fat 32 etc) then disabling UEFI boot in the System Configuration (Secure boot disabled, clean all secure boot keys and finally playing about with the boot Options... trying to enable legacy support)

After doing all this i constantly get (Boot Device not found, install an OS... Hard Disk (3FO) F2 system .. blah blah blah etc) with every bootable USB that i have tried, even tried an external DVD still the same as well as re flashing the BIOS to F. 09 (Thought could be corrupted)... as i said before the Disk is ok just nothing on it.

Please if anybody could help it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings @Alex6175,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are trying to install an operating system on our computer. Happy to help.

Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting steps on your own. 

Have you created a recovery kit on your computer?

Boot device not found error message usually comes up if the HDD is not getting detected correctly. 

Recommend you to try the steps in this article.

Keep me posted.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Alex6175,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are trying to install an operating system on our computer. Happy to help.

Kudos to you for trying a lot of troubleshooting steps on your own. 

Have you created a recovery kit on your computer?

Boot device not found error message usually comes up if the HDD is not getting detected correctly. 

Recommend you to try the steps in this article.

Keep me posted.

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks Chimney_83, tried that post already afraid in process going along secure boot root to try... let you know how it  goes.

HP Recommended

Manged to get it sorted, believe it may have been this perticuler machine as i created the images on another machine following the same prosedures as before also using the same ISO's/USB's and using the first burn image it worked... only thing i changed was the PC to create them.

Thank you again for all your help.

Best Regards,

Alex

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.