Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I use Hp dv2700 laptop (windows vista). My laptop display got split into 6 mini screens after I recover it. Please see the jpeg image: http://www.systems.co.in/screens.jpg (This link is from Ajay who has the same problem as me)

I did try to update the Bios but it's not success. Could you please help to solve this problem?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Look on the bottom of your notebook on a white sticker

write down the P/N number

turn on the machine and go to hp.com

put your P/N number in the hp search bar

click software and driver downloads

click your operating system

find your graphics driver

install

enjoy

If you get lost in these steps let me know 🙂

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
HP Recommended

update your graphics card. This should resolve your issue. DO you need the steps?

Signature:
I currently work on behalf of HP for numerous support departments. The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of myself, not of HP. There is no guarantee that the opinions expressed are 100% correct.
HP Recommended

Yes, please tell me how can i do it.......Thanks you

HP Recommended

Look on the bottom of your notebook on a white sticker

write down the P/N number

turn on the machine and go to hp.com

put your P/N number in the hp search bar

click software and driver downloads

click your operating system

find your graphics driver

install

enjoy

If you get lost in these steps let me know 🙂

Signature:
HP Recommended

Thanks...Gangles

I just updated it. It still has split screen when I start it but after that it become one screen. It seems normal, right? 

HP Recommended
no. This is not normal at all. What I need to know is if you get the split screen when you are in the BIOS. (F10 on start)
Signature:
HP Recommended
Do you get the split screen in Safe mode or VGA mode? You can access both of these by pressing F8 after the BIOS splash screen.

*Remember to mark your questions solved and click the "Kudos" star to show your thanks!

HP Recommended

i can't tune on my computer.

when i use f8 the computer show in the safe mode that has split screen.

is it because of nvida series 8?

HP Recommended
It happens to my too at the DOS stage.  I don't think it is the graphic driver
HP Recommended

Hi

I am having the same problem.. only im getting 9n mini distorted screens..

I have updated the BIOS and lastest nvidia driver from HP support site..

All to no avail..  Im still having the same problems ???

Any suggestions appreciated..

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.