Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi.. i have been using hp dv2701tx laptop since 2008..before a week.when i tried installing a plug-ins from a site(www.systemrequirementslab.com) screen freezed when i restarted the laptop, the display went into 6 split screens.Some times(very rare) the display starts up normally.I tried updating drivers from nvidia but no use.

In Device manager shows "nvidia" with some issues(i cant able to read it, as the screen is split into 6 the pixels are very small).Please Help me. Imsick with out my laptop.

Thanks

HP Recommended
I recently encountered same problem on my dv2700. Anybody found a fix yet?
HP Recommended

I am also receiving the split screen.  Can it lead to a blue screen of death?  When I run a BIOS utility, I receive a test status #1-07 fail.  Is this all the same, or do I have multiple issues? 

HP Recommended

Im having the exact same problem, conveniently 2 months after my warranty has expired, done all the recommended updates but to no avail! Is hp doing anything to rectify this problem that so many of us seem to be having?

HP Recommended

Ben de aynı sorunu yaşıyorum.

Allah Kahretsin bu HP yi

HP Recommended

I have got same problem too. I have got splited 6 screen in my notebook hp dv 2799eo. If i install nvida driver after i format my computer with fresh windows 7 os, my computer runs only in safe mood but with same six splited screen. But it doesn't run with normal mode.

can any one help me with this problem please???

HP Recommended

I don't know exactly how to solve this problem....and  my notebook is not working 100% efficiently..but anyway working.....

I too have got same problem and i too had asked some help here in this forum..but i solved my problem myself... but it depends on your luck too..

This problem specially  occur due to heat. Since if you upgrade your bios and if you use some games which consume high cpu uses like JAVA games and so on. 

How my problem started: I had upgraded Bios month ago , and since i upgraded it my computed had started heating and producing sound and I just played online Java games much.   That is all reason why i got this problem.Games in facebook like farmville or other such low graded game in other website usually might let you to this kinda problem. Just I was playing Java  game. Meanwhile, it just froze itself and  when I tried shutdown it forcefully, in the next boot my screen started with 6 splited screen.  Actually it is problem of the graphic cards. Actually when you get this problem, possible your computer may gets only open in safemood but hardly sometimes in normal mode.

I simple solved this problem by:

1. If you had UPGRADED bios. Try to find the bios version which was orginally with your cpu or you may try any older version or new.

2.IF YOUR COMPUTER DOESN't get Started in NORMAL MODE, try following method.

Go to safe mode. After it  gets open completely, go START , then My computer, Right click there and GO to MANAGE.

then computer management screen appears. Then go to device manager and then click on display adapter and then disable the Gforce graphic cards. And restart

3. Now i hope your computer could could start in normal mode.

4. Then when your computer is started in normal mode, go to hp drivers and install your own orignal bios version. Or you can just reset your bios by disconnecting your battery in cpu.

5. Then after take your computer to your bed or anyway where, then cover it with blanket. you may not need ac power there. Let your computer heat much. Or let it get shutdown itself by over heating. Or if it isn't shut ifself after heated much, turn it yourself. Then start your computer.

6. During heating process, may be your notebook might get heated too much too.  Your computer must work. You can try if for several times. It has high chances to work.

7. Download latest driver for you computer from nvdia(just from NVDIA, not from hp website) and install after you get fine screen.

8. May be after you install NVidia graphics driver you may again get problem that your computer will stop in middle of booting. but just leave it or just heat it again and let it gets shutdown yourself. Heat and heat and start again until you get good screen.

9. once you get fine screen. There is high chances of not getting splitted screen or you may get if you change your bios system and so on.

10. May be it may have some risk but yet you can try it than dumping your laptop. Now I am just writing it through my recovered laptop.!! woohooo.!!

sound some stupid but hopefully works with you all people.

Best regards !! Bikatsu !!

GOD BLESS.

HP Recommended

Cover your notebook with blanket or so on..and heat it much much"!! may be it must work..!!!

HP Recommended

PLS SHARE MAIL ME OR CONTACT ME

[text removed for privacy]

HP Recommended

this problem could never be solved unless you replace your GPU or your motherboard. Because this is a product malfunction from the deficit of the design. This split screen problem is widespread in notebook products with nvidia G84x G86x series.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.