Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi guys, i have a big problem and i need help please ! 

So the problem is that i can't restore my Laptop's system to the original factory settings, i have a hp pavilion dv 7 ( Beats Audio )notbook windows 7,  I do not have any discs and i have two partition ( Recovery partition and HP Tools partition ) i did FORMAT it using a standar Windows 7 disc but i want to restore it to original factory setting with all the HP SOFTWARE and the BEATS AUDIO Software ! the problem is i can't access the recovery and i got this message after restarting the system and do the F11 

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language setting, and then click "Next".

3. Clik "Repair your computer".

If you do not have this disc, contact your systeme administration or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File : \Boot\BCD

Info : An error accurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

What should i do to restore it using recovery ? please help me :smileyindifferent:

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi DvSeven,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome. I have read your thread on your HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook and getting a blank or black screen on startup. When performing a system restore please note remove any and all USB devices, and remove memory cards from the card reader slot. Disconnect all non-essential devices. If that does not help try to turn on the computer you start to press F11 it should give you the options for immediate help to recover from the startup screen.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you for answering me but i think you didn't understood my problem ! let me explain again : 

- i did Format my Laptop not using HP Recovery but using a disck ( not a HP disck

- Because i Format it with a disck ( i didn't use HP Recovery for that ) now i have no HP Software installed on my Laptop

( HP Manager /HP Recovery ...) nothing of HP Software that's why when i restart my Laptop and tray to access the

RECOVERY using F11 nothing happed i just get this message on my screen :

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1. Insert your windows installation disc and restart your computer.

2. Choose your language setting, and then click "Next".

3. Clik "Repair your computer".

If you do not have this disc, contact your systeme administration or computer manufacturer for assistance.

File : \Boot\BCD

Info : An error accurred while attempting to read the boot configuration data.

Please HELP 

HP Recommended

Hey Dvseven,

You needed to use an HP disk for the recovery. The recovery software is listed on your HDD. Turn on the computer and repeatedly press the F11 key, about once every second, until Recovery Manager opens.A window might appear and prompt you to choose whether to run Recovery Manager. If you have removed this partition you will need to order disks for your Notebook.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Ok im having the same problem and I called hp they said the unit is obsolete and there is nothing I can do.. So thanx h. P. For not being there !!!! WAY TO GO!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.