Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Folio 9470m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Where to I find a Windows 10 compatible HP Protecttools Security Manager Suite for download?  Had to uninstall when upgrading to Windows 10.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

dito, same question

HP Recommended
And me. Sorry I posted it separately before I saw this. I am not installing 10 until I know the answers!
HP Recommended

I just finished installing windows 10 pro and Installed the security manager and then protect tools and it is working just fine. I even enable the pre boot security and working OK. Keep in mind to make a copy of the installers before you install the WIndows 10

HP Recommended

Also I have to uninstall  'HP ProtectTools security manager' before installing windows 10. 

But honoustly I'm afraid that I can't put it back on my pc after I'm done (is that possible? if yes how easy is it and how do I do it?).

I expected there to be an update where you don't have to uninstall anything before installing windows 10, but apparently there isn't?

I realy want to know, els I won't install windows 10 just yet.

HP Recommended

@Honour Student, how did you make copies of the installers? I'm hopelessly out of my depth here :smileyembarrassed:  and need to be walked thru. I own a Probook 4540s notebook running windows 7. My processor is intel core i5. I really don't want to lose my fingerprint swipe security feature. Please I need help, this stuff is driving me nuts

HP Recommended

I'm hoping for a solution to this as well. Tried to do the Windows 10 upgrade, but it says the HP Protecttools is incompatible and must be uninstalled. I'm hesitant to do it for fear I will have issues especially with loosing the fingerprint reader. HP needs to provide an urgent update to fix whatever is incompatible with Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Hi, go to your Local Drive C under My PC, then you should be able to locate "swsetup" open that directory and locate the folders named (In my Case) SP57486 which is for the Security Manager and the SP59982 Protect Tools in this case they are the most important ones, but you can actually save the whole directory because there you have all the original drivers and software.

HP Recommended

Hi! Under which Os you were before upgrading? Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 ?

Could you give us the names of the SPxxxxx.exe you used please?

Thank you

Julien Garrigue
www.juliengarrigue.com
HP Recommended

Hi there,

I just did the upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Although Windows 10 is telling you to uninstall the complete Software Suite, in fact it's just enough to uninstall (and decrypt in advance) the drive encryption.

That's what I did and the installation is running fine.

From the administrator's console you can reinstall drive encryption but I did not test yet to encrypt the drives again.

Hope that helps.

Olaf

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.