Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv6-6c 10us Entertain

My Aunt is going through a divorce and her husband changed the HP QuickWeb password and she cannot access the laptop.  She does not have an installation software disk or recovery disk.  I tried fn/f10, but cannot access the system configuration to turn thepassword prompt off.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you in advance for any assistance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey @ENDalz,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! This is a great place to find solutions and help from our community!

I understand you're locked out of your HP Pavilion Dv6 Notebook. I'd be happy to help with that. 

For Windows 7:

1. How to Recover Your Lost or Forgotten Password (Windows 7)

2. What to do if you forget your Windows password

For Windows 8:

• If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.

• If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. For more info, go to the Reset your password webpage.

• If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

Source: What to do if you forget your Windows password

For Windows 10:

If you are using a Microsoft Account:

To reset your password:

• Choose the reason you need your password reset, then click Next.
          • Enter the email address you used when you made your Microsoft account. This could be any email address, or an email ending in a Microsoft domain like hotmail.com or outlook.com

• Enter the characters you see on the screen

• Click Next.
          • If you've added security info to your account, we'll send a one-time code to the alternate phone number or email address you gave us. After you enter that code on the next screen, you'll be able to make a new password.

Source: When you can't sign in to your Microsoft account.

When you get back into your Notebook, please follow these steps to set up your pin again:

• In Windows, search for and open Settings.
          • Click Accounts.
          • Click Sign-in options.
          • Under PIN on the Requires sign-in page, click Add.
          • Type your local account password and click OK.
          • Follow the on-screen instructions to set up a PIN, and then click OK.

• Use your new PIN to log in to your device.

If you ever forget your PIN, click I forgot my PIN and type in your password to repeat these steps.

Source: Managing User Accounts and Logins (Windows 10)

Also here is a guide on using Quick Web: HP Notebook PCs - Set Up and Use HP QuickWeb Applications

Hope this helps.

Please keep me posted. 

You can always say thanks by hitting the Thumbs Up button below!

Cheers.

TechSurge
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom to say “Thanks” for helping.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.