09-15-2010 09:20 AM
About a month ago my laptop (a HP Pavillion DV-7) just froze and i couldn't load windows after i rebooted my laptop. i got the HP System Recovery screen and tried to System Restore, it would get stuck at 13% and make funny sounds from the HD. i replaced the HD with a Seagate 500gb Solid State Hybrid Drive and ordered the Recovery Disks from HP. I installed the HD and put in the disk and windows started to load it's files and verything goes good till it pops out disk 1 and asks for disk 2, I insert disk 2 and nothing happens, It just stays in the screen asking for disk 2. I called HP and well...my laptop is out of warranty, So any help would be good.
09-15-2010 01:00 PM - edited 09-15-2010 01:00 PM
Not sure if this is your issue.
09-15-2010 10:00 PM
i'm sorry, i didn't specify, it was for a vista 64 OS and the disks were for vista also. the link you added was for windows 7. i tried looking for that download but for vista and couldn't find any. that was my problem though, my disks won't load...or atleast the second one won't load. i bought windows 7 today...just to try to get anything working on my laptop and nothing, the disks didn't do anything, so i think i just wasted 200 there and still no laptop for my school work.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)