Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HP Pavilion dv6-6b01ax 

thank you

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information,

Here is a link to some troubleshooting steps for fingerprint reader issues.

Is the biometric device listed in device manager. For updated drivers follow the instructions provided by Dragon-fur in this link.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Could you send more specific instructions ?  Did you uninstall first, then update the simplepass driver?  Where did you find the simplepass driver?  thank you very much.

HP Recommended

Hello rra78,

What is your product number and operating system?

Thanks,

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

ENVY dv6

Windows 8

HP Recommended

There are many dv6's.  Please click on my link and let me know your product number.

Thanks

Signature
HP Recommended

My laptop is a DV6-3240US

HP Recommended

Worked through a solution with the HP Chat line.  Very helpful.  SimplePass seems to be working.  Basically, we uninstalled, then reinstalled.  Thanks to all who offered help!

HP Recommended

Hello SM1251,

Please take a look here and let me know if that helps resolve your issue.  That is great, rra78!  I'm glad that helped get your SimplePass working again.

Please let me know if this helps resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
HP Recommended

I am running Windows 8. I cannot find:

Resolve using Recovery Manager as follows:
  1. Click Start , type recovery in the search bar, and select Recovery Manager from the resulting list.
  2. Click Drivers and Applications Reinstall to start locating the correct driver to reinstall.

My computer is 2 years old. I can't afford the cost of talking with HP.
    Thank you and any help will be appreciated!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.