01-02-2012 09:47 AM
I have a new dv6z-6b00 laptop computer that I purchased in early Dec 2011.
I've been having problems with the fingerprint reader not working after waking up from hibernate.
As one of the steps with trying to fix my issue, I installed the latest version of the SimplePass 2012 software.
When I launch the software, I get a window stating the databases are loading, but then the software exits and never launches.
This means I cannot enroll another fingerprint if I needed. Luckily all my password and fingerprints that I entered when using SimplePass 2011 software still work. The software will enter in passwords in the webpages and I can login to the computer with my fingerprints, but the software can no longer be customized.
I made sure I have the latest HP SimplePass software and Validity Sensors driver.
Here are the details:
Validity Sensors (WBF) (PID=0018)
Driver date - 5/18/2011
Driver version - 220.127.116.11
HP SimplePass 2012
Version - 18.104.22.168
Here is the procedure I followed:
- un-install SimplePass 2011 software
- restart computer
- install SimplePass 2012 software
- restart computer
- un-install the driver
- restart computer
- computer automaticall installed driver
- performed driver update from within the device manager
Does anyone have a suggestion for fixing this issue?
01-02-2012 11:26 AM
Here is a newer driver for you to try. Says it's the same version - I've learned the hard way that the documentation sometimes lies - there is something in here, some component within the patch that makes it unique to the older version of this software. The doc does say this softpaq (sp54999) supercedes sp54421.
Install Validity Sensor Driver:
- Anytime there is a previous version of the driver on the computer, it may need to be removed. Control panel > Device Manager > Biometric Devices > Right-Click Validity Sensor > Uninstall
- Reboot …
- Install the Validity Sensor Driver installation package: It will be named sp*.exe – the package will most likely be located in the Downloads folder. If you have ‘Admin’ control, you may highlight the package and “double-click” to install it, else Right-Click, Select ‘run as Administrator’ and install.
Later, if you have problems getting this to work and have to start again:
- Add a full shutdown and reboot after the Uninstall
- Add the registry cleaning.
- If you still have problems, add “delete driver” to the Uninstall.
- Almost all “nasty” problems with SimplePass can be tracked back to stubborn driver issues.
- If this registry cleaner doesn’t make you happy, Uninstall CCleaner and find another free one.
- Use a registry cleaner at least for the purpose of analyzing the contents of the registry.
Registry Cleaner – CCleaner (Download the free version):
Export the Webcard Database:
When you have working SimplePass software, Export your Webcards::
Start SimplePass > Settings > Export
I hope this helps sort it out. Post back and let us know the results.
Say “Thanks” for the Help! Click the Kudos Star whenever you find a Post that helps you.
Fixed? Mark this Post “Accepted Solution” to say the solution worked for you.
01-02-2012 06:51 PM
Thanks Dragon-Fur, I will definitely try it. I did see the two different sp for the driver software, thanks for the clarification. I was somehow able to get HP SimplePass 2011 to work again with the latest driver, but I had to follow your instructions from a different post, basically wiping out all my passwords, etc.
When I have a chance I will try to re-install the HP SimplePass 2012 and the sp54999 driver package to see if it works ok.
01-02-2012 07:15 PM
01-08-2012 06:06 PM
Sorry, translation does not make sense to me.
Google Translates your question as:
I feel the same that the previous message I can do
I don't speak Spanish. Try again, please.
Lo sentimos, la traducción no tiene sentido para mí.
Google traduce su pregunta:
Yo siento lo mismo que el anterior mensaje que puedo hacer
No hablo español. Inténtelo de nuevo, por favor.
¿Tiene problemas con SimplePass?
¿Puede describir el problema?
Voy a tratar de answser.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)