Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

It isn't possible to fix it anymore.

The Simplepass extension uses NPAPI

But Chrome disabled NPAPI due to 'safety and fast browsing issue's' 

It's a shame it isn't even possible to manually fix this. 

Only option is to switch browsers!

HP Recommended

I use LastPass. You can use it on mobile too. i had to jump through a small hoop to get it to work wit the fingerprint reader on my 3 year old HP laptop.  Maybe i had to upgrade to premium version to get that to work. But now when i go to my bank (chase) website, there is an asterisk in the login/password fields. if I click it, LastPass pops up and asks for my fingerprint. After successful scan, i click the asterisk again and my 3 logins appear and I can click the one i want.  That's the only Chrome solution i've been happy with. And I've been on this thread and found a couple workarounds that worked temporariy. But the've been unworkable for awhile now.

HP Recommended

It is true.  After Sept 1 2015, Simplepass no longer works in Chrome - not with ANY workaround not even with the group policy whitelist - because Google has disabled all NPAPI plugins.  You can read it here https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6213033?hl=en

It is now completely up to HP to fix this, or leave us in the lurch.

HP Recommended

Did you know that LastPass was hacked (as only one password manager I heared about). I also was thinking of using LastPass, but I read in one comparison that it database was hacked, twice! LastPass is storing all your credentials in it's cloud database, so I don't feel confortable with giving LastPass my credentials (including my mail or bank account) and for hackers to easily get it from LastPass...

HP Recommended

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/hp-simplepass/fidikogfgleiaefnjbmnjaplmgknppkg?utm_source=...

@rehg98 wrote:

Hi all,

I recently bought a new HP Envy notebook about a month ago, and it came installed with Windows 8 and the newest HP SimplePass software. Not being a huge fan of Internet Explorer, I downloaded Google Chrome, and--to my dismay--the SimplePass extension did not download with it. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling SimplePass, but that didn't work. I read some other forum posts on this topic and ended up downloading the Authentec SimplePass port for Google Chrome. This caused the entire fingerprint scanner to stop working, so I uninstalled everything and started fresh. Can anybody help me get SimplePass working with the newest Chrome and Windows 8?

I appreciate all of your help! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.