12-02-2012 05:44 PM
I can sign on to the regular Simplepass screen without a problem.
When I get to the "set up Windows logon screen", however, Simplepass will not recognize my Windows logon no matter how many times I retype it.
Im getting the error "The Windows logon password you entered does not match. Please try again."
I know that I am inputting the right password.
I received the laptop from BestBuy on Black Friday, and this problem has persisted since I bought the laptop.
Please help! Thanks!
12-03-2012 10:02 AM
Do you have a password set up through a website? If so are you having issues with them ?
12-03-2012 02:06 PM
I have tried what you have suggested and it unfortunately does not solve the problem.
No, I did not set up the password through a website, it is a local account.
12-03-2012 02:47 PM
I would uninstall the fingerprint driver and reinstall it from here.
Let me know the outcome.
12-04-2012 02:59 PM
How do I uninstall the driver? I tried downloading it and running it, but nothing happens. Thanks so much for your time!
12-06-2012 07:22 AM
I did that, but nothing happens.
The fingerprint reader still isn't showing up in the Device Manager.
Should I call HP Support or something?
Once again, thanks for all your help!
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)