Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi Sami,

Think you grabbed the wrong end of the stick , no the SSD was not the reason for the Errors disappearing it was the rebuild of the OS " WITHOUT " any of the HPPA software , I'd had the SSD ready for a few months just hadn't had time to do a full rebuild , and as I was trying the build I thought I might as well build it onto the SSD .

HPPA was the ONLY HP Software that was different / not loaded on the rebuild , ALL extra programs were added again from the same source as before .

This isn't the same for everyone , some have issues with other HP OEM Bitz , but however the similarity IS errors from HPSF , and Event Logs for Casl  etc. Seems to me that HP has some issues they don't want to fix ,and I bet they go back deep , to Chipset or BIOS .

I am annoyed that we will probably never know what causes these errors , until someone susses out how to modify

the BIOS on these newer RSA signed BIOS 's  like the 8740w .

Dave.

HP Recommended

Hi All,

Just updating and as expected , the response from HP HELP was another puff of wind , all promises

but never followed through. Not even a lame phone call telling me they will look into it ,

and at least explain to me where the problem on my machine is.

I would love to know if its a software or a firmware issue ?

Dave.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem, HP seems to be turning thier backs on the subject. 

HP Recommended

Evey day at startup 2 errors.

The package that reprtedly "solves" this, is not appropriate for my model.

Probaly programmer wants to report either "05" or a binary 05.

As you seem to handle ID's as numbers, it is likely the binary 05.

Programmer put binary 5 into a-byte of a 16-bit integer whereas the other-byte is wrongly initialized, as "0"

(can't tell left or right byte, don't know or you are little or big endian).

Or a cast went wrong, or a function was not / not correctly prototyped - which you should see through a warning, don't you look at warnings during compile time?

Anyway, such a thing should be a matter of a few hours to fix.

Shall I do it for you?

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="hpCasl" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">5</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-12-28T08:48:28.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>670</EventRecordID>
<Channel>HP Software Framework</Channel>
<Computer>yeah</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>2014-12-28 09:48:28.019|00000DE0|Error |[hpcasl]Command::Get{hpCasl.enReturnCode(string,object&)}|An exception occurred De opgegeven conversie is ongeldig.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
<Provider Name="hpCasl" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">5</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-12-28T08:48:30.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>671</EventRecordID>
<Channel>HP Software Framework</Channel>
<Computer>yeah</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
- <EventData>
<Data>2014-12-28 09:48:29.938|0000100C|Error |[hpcasl]Command::Get{hpCasl.enReturnCode(string,object&)}|An exception occurred De opgegeven conversie is ongeldig.</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had same problem, errors in eventlog & the HPPA not detecting battery. Solved it by simple 15min fix, give it a try:

1. Uninstall HP power assistant, HP hotkeys & HP software framework from the standard windows list of installed software "appwiz.cpl"

2. Reboot

3. Delete (or move)  the following folders in %Program Files(x86)%\Hewlett-Packard:

Shared

HP Hotkey Support

HP Software Framework

NOTE:

Exact location of the specified folders depends on your OS (mine is Win 7 64bit), in 32bit it would be %Program Files%

4. Reinstall HP software framework, HP Hotkeys & HPPA.

For me after this, no errors in eventlog and HPPA sees the battery again. The culprit is, that even after uninstalling the software framework, the shared libraries are not deleted. My quess is, that when reinstalling the framework, the installer script doesn't rewrite the libraries allready present, e.g. if not file exists "nameofHPlibfile.dll" then copy end if. This then leads to something one could describe as a little HP dll hell.

Hope it helps, good luck.

HP Recommended

@ msvojsik

Good to know it worked for you , but we did suggest this half way down page 3 of this thread , a year or 2 ago now 🙂

dave.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the info, but it didn't work for me, I've given up on this problem with HP as they (till this day) still turn their backs on the issue. I've simply disable the HP Support Assistant.

HP Recommended

We also have the same Problem with an ProBook 6550b.

The Eventlog shows HpCasl Event-ID 5 caused by the HP Software Framework.

The latest Framework (4.5.12.1) is installed (I've not found a newer one).

How can we fix this Problem?

HP Recommended

I have Software Framework 4.6.13.1 and Support Solutions Framework 12.4.18.7. Still the error. Every day at startup first an info message that hpqwmiex starts and a second later two times the conversion error hpCasl 5. Perhaps a process wants to tell us that there is a severe security issue? We don't know, still waiting for HP to fix  its software. I have these errors for a few years now. The good news is that is does not happen on my latest hardware, probably because this is no HP anymore  :generic:

HP Recommended

Just uninstall all the HP add-ons. The computer will work fine without them. Check for driver updates on the support website occasionaly and install any manually.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.