03-15-2012 01:50 AM - edited 03-15-2012 01:52 AM
Thank you for the quick response.
The HP Software Framework provides a common set of software interfaces that centralize and simplify access to hardware, BIOS, and HP specific drivers that work with the Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
The problem is that it seems to me that the system hangs on the Welcome screen every time I am logging into my Win 7 account. Eventmanager lists "Casl" errors etc. related to HP Software Framework (at every system start). So I am under the impression that this HP Framework does not work properly with Windows 7.
Well, I tried to deactivate the framework but then there appear several other errors in the Event Manager and Windows 7 still hangs during system start...
03-15-2012 05:04 AM - edited 03-15-2012 05:09 AM
I tried to reinstall the HP framework but it says that there is a newer version on my notebook.
Anyway, this newer version had been reinstalled, too - so I think this won't provide a solution...
This is a part of an Casl error text within the Event Viewer:
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)