Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi everybody!

I bought a new HP Stream 11 and I love this laptop :smileyhappy:,

I have a Windows 8.1 Pro licence so I formated it but I can't find all the drivers since they aren't on HP website, I tried with the generic from realtek (for DTS Sound) and synaptics (Clickpad) but those are not working in this machine.

I would appreciate to those who know a link to download them, or those who have this pc that can share a backup of the drivers with me.

Thanks in advance

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

For anyone interested I've found that some of the HP Stream 13 drivers works:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4158&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=7539...

Although Synaptics Clickpad Drivers from the previous link  or the generic one from synaptic's website are not working for the Stream 11

Please anyone who can share a driver backup from this machine :generic:

HP Recommended

I've found the hardware ID for the touchpad

HID\VEN_SYN&DEV_1EDE&Col01

Thanks in advance 

HP Recommended

I also have tried installing Windows 8.1 pro, and cannot get the touchpad to work.  It does not even show up under Device Manager (the Synaptics SMBus Driver shows up, but no touchpad or other pointing device).

What gives?

HP Recommended

Hi VIrmagnus:

Me neither, I've tried with lots of drivers and versions of Synaptics and none of these seems to work with the stream 11, maybe this clickpad model is too new, If you search for the HWID the search doesn't returns results.

I Called HP and they were unable to tell me where to download the driver.

:Crying: We should wait until someone shares a backup or HP puts a download link in the product page

HP Recommended

Still no news about the driver from HP

Somebody can share a touchpad backup? 

I would really appreciate it

Best regards

HP Recommended

I had a similar issue after wiping the machine to install 32-bit Windows 8.1. HP seems to only provide 64-bit drivers for it, but I found that the Synaptics drivers below works with my Stream 11. Now, I only have 3 unrecognized devices, though I can't figure out what they are.

Synaptics TouchPad/ForcePad Driver
Version: 17.0.18.23

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c04351321-1

HP Recommended

Hello, has anyone found a solution for this issue? I contacted HP too, but they don't know where to get the driver.

I'm using W8.1 Pro 64 bit.

Thank you

HP Recommended

I have te same problem. I installed Windows 8.1 on my HP Stream 11, then i installed the touchpad driver from the HP driver Site. But the touchpad dont work. Now all the time i have to use my mouse. Someon has a solution?

HP Recommended

Sorry if I’m bumping a mostly dead thread but it looks like I’ve found a solution.  

Background info:
I have an HP Stream 11 that came preloaded with Windows 8.1 with bing.  We’re using them within a company so they need to be put on a domain (which 8.1 doesn’t support).  So after upgrading it to 8.1 Pro I ran into the same issue with the touchpad not working.

Solution:
On HP’s site, be sure to select the correct model number of your machine.  For instance, I have the HP Stream 11 and the model is 11-d010nr.  Also ensure that you download and install *all* of the chipset drivers.  This includes Intel’s chipset utility, sideband fabric device driver, serial IO, trusted execution engine, etc.  They’re all listed under the chipset category once you select your model.

Link to drivers for HP Stream 11-d010nr:
http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Stream-11-Notebook-PC/7372144/model/7538969/drivers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.