Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream Notebook - 11-d020nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)
Hi! So i recent got my laptop, about 2+ weeks ago, and it was working well until now. The Google Chrome browser was unresponsive (i assume because i opened it while an update was trying to be installed) so i decided to restart the computer (after the update had failed of course, not during) It asked if i wanted to cancel the restart or force it; i chose to force the restart. Now i have been sittung here for an hour and a half waiting for it! Ive even tried to force a manual shutdown by holding the power button, but even that wont do anything! (i held it for 20sec)
I dont know what to do because it is still on the blue restarting screen. Please help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hey guys!
So i assume you all have the stream laptop specifically.
What happened was the processor is just 100% frozen and sadly you can't fix it yourself unless you have the equipment and know computers really well.
So, the only solution is to take your laptop to a shop probably the one you bought the laptop from as they should have a tech help station; I took mine back to the store I got it from (aka micro center) and an IT guy fixed it for me.
So the prob isnt major and your files should be safe. Mine were fine and nothing was lost.
Hope that helped and sorry it happened to you all too. It totally sucks 😞 but at least its fixable 🙂

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended
Oh and im not 100% if the Windows 10 is 32bit or 64bit but it is Windows 10
HP Recommended
Hi, did you get a solution to this? I have the same problem/symptoms. Thx!
HP Recommended
I'm having the same issue as well. I've had it for just about 3 months.
HP Recommended
Same here 😞
HP Recommended
Hey guys!
So i assume you all have the stream laptop specifically.
What happened was the processor is just 100% frozen and sadly you can't fix it yourself unless you have the equipment and know computers really well.
So, the only solution is to take your laptop to a shop probably the one you bought the laptop from as they should have a tech help station; I took mine back to the store I got it from (aka micro center) and an IT guy fixed it for me.
So the prob isnt major and your files should be safe. Mine were fine and nothing was lost.
Hope that helped and sorry it happened to you all too. It totally sucks 😞 but at least its fixable 🙂
HP Recommended

Do you have any backup files/setup files that came with the Stream when you purchased it? Similar thing happened to me. I took it to a repair shop and he reinstalled Windows 10.

Please click “Accept as Solution" if I solve your Problem
HP Recommended

Just Follow These Simple Steps To Solve this Problem –

Few things In Mind –

•  Plug Your Computer To Power Outlet .
  • Find Out If You Have A Recovery Disk.
  • Restart Your Laptop By Pressing Power key and Hold it For 10 seconds.
  • Now As Soon As You See Your Computer start Booting Keep Tapping The KEY F8 On Your Keyboard Rapidly.

For more visit- https://fixingblog.com/fix-hp-laptop-stuck-start-repair-loop/

GOOD LUCK....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.