06-10-2012 06:54 PM
I have a brand new HP Pavilion dv7-6c95x Notebook. I can open up Support Assistant but that's it. Everything stops after that. I can't do anything. HP WarrantyChecker is always popping up & freezing up. I always have to go to Task Manager to close them down. Any ideas??
06-11-2012 03:51 AM
The first thing I'd try is a clean installation of HP Support Assistant as follows.
First of all, uninstall your current version of HP Support Assistant by opening windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry for HP Support Assistant and select Uninstall. When this process has completed, restart the notebook.
Next download and install the latest version of HP Support Assistant from the page on the link below - the download links are towards the bottom of the page.
After the installation, restart the notebook again.
If you get any error during any stage of this procedure, make a note of them and include them in your next post.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)