Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Windows 10: HP Support Assistant does not appear in the installed program list although it is running. Unsure how to uninstall it.

HP Recommended

This solution worked for me. 

Thanks for the answer, Mumbodog!

HP Recommended

'About' menu of HP Support Assistant provides 'check update' option can select.

I tried it and updated it with a latest version, then disappeared the high spike cpu symptom.

HP Recommended

8.3.34.7 is my version, which is the latest as of this posting, and I have no more problems.

HP Recommended

I'm using the same version you mentioned, but having high cpu usage (~50%)

HP Recommended

I decided to ignore the advice about removing the existing HP programs and simply installed the latest version. This has eliminated the high cpu use.

HP Recommended

I went through the whole research, update drivers, uninstall, reinstall process a month ago, and it went fine, and fixed the problem. Now all of a sudden, today it's back to the high CPU usage. I will try the whole thing again, but can I get a refund on the three hours of my life? Also, can you fix this, HP?

HP Recommended

this works for me with HP Pavilion 14 + Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Simply put, try updating your HP Supports Assisstant

HP Recommended

I too have uninstalled and re-installed the latest version of HP Support Assistant multiple times over the last few months. The software re-install completes without incidence. But once I start HP Support Assistant the first time after re-install, my CPU goes to 100% with the HP Support Assistant Framework using 75% of the CPU (I use Microsoft Process Explorer to view system usage). Doing a re-start does not help – CPU will be at 100% after reboot, even if I have not tried to run Support Assistant after reboot. I can only get my CPU usage back down by uninstalling Support Assistant and the Framework. The latest incidence occurred after the newest Windows 10 upgrade install, but it has occurred on previous Windows 10 versions too. I’m running on an HP ENVY 15T with all Microsoft updates installed.

HP Recommended

I too am having the same issue with the processes being high so I tried to uninstall HP Support Framework only it said I can't because HP Assistant needs it. Do I need to uninstall that too?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.