Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP envy 15t
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My HP envy notebook not powering on, I plugged in the charger and the indicator was showing a white light for some seconds before changing to an orange light. Left it to charge for a long while and still having the same problem. Please I really need help.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @IdrisOmotee,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns:  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I  understand that you are unable to power on your notebook. When you first connected the AC adapter the light was white for a few seconds be turning orange.

What is your specific model of HP 15T notebook?HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Are you connecting directly to an electrical outlet and not using a power / surge bar?

Have you tried a different electrical outlet?

Here is a link that may help:HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter

Please let me know the results.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you! 

Sparkles1

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @IdrisOmotee,

Welcome to the HP Forum!

Thank you for becoming a HP Forum member. It is a dynamite location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others. For you have the best experience, here is a link for you to review, should you have any concerns:  First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More

I  understand that you are unable to power on your notebook. When you first connected the AC adapter the light was white for a few seconds be turning orange.

What is your specific model of HP 15T notebook?HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number, Serial Number or Product Number?

Are you connecting directly to an electrical outlet and not using a power / surge bar?

Have you tried a different electrical outlet?

Here is a link that may help:HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Using the AC Power Adapter

Please let me know the results.

To express appreciation for my post please click the Thumbs Up Icon.  If my post resolves the issue you are experiencing, please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find what worked for you! 

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
No worries, I took it to a hp store and was told it was a motherboard problem, needs to be replaced. Thanks for your help though.
HP Recommended

Hi @IdrisOmotee,

Thank you for letting me know the results and I am glad the issue has been solved.  🙂

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.