10-05-2011 09:12 AM
I have consistently received the 80073712 error since sp1 was released. I ran the readiness tool ms provides, ran the troubleshooter tool and all actions have passed.
The update runs and installs and seems to fail at the end of the update. any suggestions?
10-05-2011 10:26 AM
Try the standalone download and see if you have success with that...
Select the next to the last file on the list, or if yu want to burn it as a .iso file onto a DVD select the 1st file listed.
10-06-2011 07:28 AM
Thanks, Doc. I wish I had your reply sooner. I believe your solution may have assisted. It could have saved me a day reinstalling win 7 and reapplying all the updates again.
Everything is OK now, but it was time consuming. I had to get a Win 7 install disk downloaded from MS since HP doesn't supply one. Apparently, looking at the system logs, several sys files were corrupted and the normal update and fix / readiness solutions provided by the MS group would not fix the problem.
10-06-2011 07:40 AM
I wish you had gotten it sooner too.
What I normally do when I install an OS with no SP's is, I have these files burned to disks. I install the OS and then I install the SP's to the lastest one.
Then I install the drivers and do all the security updates.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)