04-13-2012 10:18 PM
As I turn ON the laptop from the power button, it turns on. Screen lights up, but I don't see any welcome screen or icons. It gives no reaction no matter what I do. I have tried take the battery in and out but didn't help. Please help me. what could be problem ? I tried to recover it by inserting recovery CDs but without the start button or any other icons I can not do anything.Thanks.
04-18-2012 03:01 PM
It might be that the hard drive is going bad or some other corruption. I would tyr going into the recovery partition by pressing F11 at startup, from here you can do a system restore to a point where you know it worked or a system recovery. If you do the recovery you will lose all datat that wasn't backe up. Hopefully this helps
Please post rather than sending a Private Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly.- Thank you.
Please click the White Kudos star on the left to say thanks.
Please mark Accept As Solution if this resolves your issue.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)