01-18-2012 01:50 PM
How do you recover/open backup containing .wim files + split files.
Backup folder contains following sequence of files.
0.wim, 1.wim, 2.wim, ...334.wim, 335.0, 335.1, 335.2, ... 335.36, 335.DAT, RecoveryMgr.exe, RecoveryMgr.ini
The size of files 335.0 - 335.36 is 200MB. They are not recognized neither by HP Recovery Manager, nor by 7-zip.
The restore in general works the same with both tools, but there is the problem:
after restore AVCHD files are missing, though all .AVI, .WMV files are recovered correctly.
Your help would be much appreciated! Thanks Alvydas
01-18-2012 08:28 PM
Have you tried clicking the .exe file in the backup folder? That should start the extraction of files to a folder on your C: drive where you can then move them to proper location. The exe may take quite awhile to appear to be working if you you have a large backup size.
|**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others**|
******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to say -Thanks!.******
01-18-2012 11:54 PM
Yes, I did.
Both ways (initiating retore by clicking exe in backup folder; using 7-zip software) gave same result - recreated the C: structure. However the folder where AVCHD files supposed to be stored is empty. Files are not hidden, but they are simply missing.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)