Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Stream 11
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)

I have an HP Stream 11. Very happy with it.

The problem is that it has a very weak wifi connection. At home I have one more laptop (Windows 7), and two mobile phones (Android and  Windows). All of them connect very well with the network in any place of the house; but the Stream 11, that needs to be close to the modem. It happens even when the network insensitive signal is high.

Some times,  I lose the connectivity if I open more than two or three pages at the same time.

I have tried to update everything, to re-install the OS, to reset the modem, and so on. But I cannot get it working.

Any idea?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @auguston ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.Thank you for the very detailed information. I have looked into your issue about your HP Stream 11 Notebook and issues with the Wireless. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system it has built in Wireless troubleshooting assistance.

If this continues I would change the Channel on the router. Routers are capable of communicating to your Notebook on several different channels. If your neighbours Wi-Fi is  on the same channel, your network speeds might have issues.

I have searched Microsoft for a fix for this and they indicate on the forums that if you change the router channel to a different channel, this might resolve the connection issue.

You could turn off IPv6 for the notebook. Some say this helps.

Fix this problem Microsoft Fix it 50413. 

Here is a link to help as well.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @auguston ,

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums and Welcome.Thank you for the very detailed information. I have looked into your issue about your HP Stream 11 Notebook and issues with the Wireless. Here is a link to the troubleshooting the Wireless connection.

Here is a link to the HP Support Assistant. Just download and run the application and it will help with the software and drivers on your system it has built in Wireless troubleshooting assistance.

If this continues I would change the Channel on the router. Routers are capable of communicating to your Notebook on several different channels. If your neighbours Wi-Fi is  on the same channel, your network speeds might have issues.

I have searched Microsoft for a fix for this and they indicate on the forums that if you change the router channel to a different channel, this might resolve the connection issue.

You could turn off IPv6 for the notebook. Some say this helps.

Fix this problem Microsoft Fix it 50413. 

Here is a link to help as well.

Hope this is helpful.

Thanks.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Thank you very much.

Microsoft Fix it 50413. worked for me!

I really appreciate your help.

Regards

HP Recommended

That link goes to the HP customer support page.   I want to return thispieceof junk to you - Everything else in the house connects to the internet expect this Stream 11 - How could HP make a pice of junk like this???

HP Recommended

This is a new product -  It is less than two weeks old,  How can HP make a pice of junk like this????

HP Recommended
This doesn't answer the question or solve the problem. I have a wifi connection, I have the fastest internet speeds available in my area, yet I can't get any web browser to open a single page. I rest to factory default, now it's even worse. What is the fix!!!!!????
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.