06-22-2012 04:22 PM
I bought a pavillion 15.6" laptop g6-1d80nr with 4GB RAM and 640GB hard drive 3 months ago.I am not storing much files on my hard disk .But i have started getting this pop up which says HP tools disk is full, free up space.This laptop only has drive C and Drive D.Protection is on for drive C and Turned off for drive D.Can anybody please help me sovle this problem?.
06-28-2012 06:55 PM
i looked up on some other place and my problem is solved..
first step is to turn off the automatic back up by going to
start->control panel->backup and restore->turn off schedule (which is on the left)
next step is to delete a couple of files from the hp tools drive E
go to hp tools drive ( through START-> COMPUTER->hp tools drive)
there will be 5 items there.
the one folder with the user"s name and HP after it
for example mine was OWNER -HP
which contains all the unwanted backups needs to be deleted .
and the other one is mediaID-bin
rest of the 3 has to be kept as it is!..
my problem got solved!
12-03-2012 03:41 AM
my Hp disk tools is full and in red...l dont know how to free the space.l tryed, but when it comes to hp tools drive, there are only three items there, not five..so l dont know what to delete.
01-09-2013 06:58 PM
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)