08-28-2011 03:07 AM - edited 08-28-2011 03:08 AM
Hey, i just bought my HP pavilion dv6-6135dx 4 weeks ago at new hampshire. no here's what happened.
So 2 weeks in after i got my hp pavilion laptop i had encountered a virus, after getting this virus i had to reinstall windows 7
by restarting the computer and pressing f11 to load up hp system restore. After that i went on the support and drivers page
and reinstalled all the drivers but something strange happened after i installed the bios update, i had found out that my
webcam had became very very dark.
after doing so i went on cyberlink youcam and the screen appeared very dark, i could see my self but it was a black silhoutte
i begin playing around with the light settings but nothing happened. it was still the same.
I even tried another webcam program.
That didn't work.
So then i tried disabling the webcam software and enabling it again. But the picture was still the same
AFTER THAT i uninstalled the HD truvision driver and installed it back again
BUT STILL nothing changed. I've went on over 10 other forums which discussed this same issue but all of them
simply suggested to change the lighting and brightness settings, which as you have seen have not work.
To add on to this problem i don't think i will be able to return this laptop because it is way pass the return date
but im still not sure if i can do that since i don't have the bus because as i have mentioned i bought this from
new hampshire for vacation and brought it back with me to seattle, and i couldn't bring the box with me so i had to
throw it away and the laptop is still on warranty but when i called HP tech support they said there not sure if i can
have this laptop replace because i didn't buy this laptop directly from the hp website but instead at best buy.
VERY VERY CONFUSING ISSUE, ANY SUGGESTIONS TO FIX THIS?
Remeber i went to 10 other forums so changing the brightness will not work lol and i had pictures.....
08-29-2011 09:33 PM
it s normal under sunlight conditions, but once im inside a room its dark, howmuch ever light there may be!!! do u mean tat i should go stand out to make video calls?? sick!!! pls help me out!!!
08-29-2011 09:55 PM
guys i finally found out the fix for it!!! i guess we all would have had changed the brightness contrast exposure for the betterment, but it really screws the settings!!! will tell you the steps.. i use youcam 3.5 so just follow my instructions!!!
1. open youc
2. click enhance the current video image (6th icon from top, just next to the video image appears, place ur pointer over the icons for few secs to know what it is)
3. Click advanced
4. under video proc amp slide the backlight comp to 1 or 2 (doesnt matter )
5, now click the camera control tab
6. click default, then u could see only exposure visible or editable , now just tick the "auto" box !!! click ok.
and now everything is back!!! hope this helps out, and dont screw up with the settings again!!! thank you
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)