Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 17t-g10
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

New computer. Shows I have HP updates available. Click to install, howerver after several hours still shows installing

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Welcome @dwells1, 

I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution with the HP Support Assistant not doing updates properly for you. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

Have you tried to do the updates in Safe Mode with Networking?

Have you tried disabling your Antivirus program to do the updates?

Have you tried doing the updates using Windows Update?

Have you tried to update the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to do a clean boot and then tried the updates again?

If you are having problems updating HPSA itself, download and install the latest version of HPSA from the HP Support Assistant Web site. 

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant

If that does not work, while in Safe Mode please; 

1. Uninstall the HP Support Assistant

2. Restarting the Notebook once the Uninstall has finished

3. Reinstall the HP Support Assistant from this link. (On the right hand side, please choose Notebooks, Laptops, Netbooks)

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the answers to the questions above. 

Don't forget to click the Thumbs Up to show your appreciation. 

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Welcome @dwells1, 

I will do my absolute best to help you come to a resolution with the HP Support Assistant not doing updates properly for you. 

When we have come to a resolution, please share what worked for you with others by marking this post as an Accepted Solution. If you would like to show your appreciation for my efforts today, please take a second to click the Thumbs Up button below.

Have you tried to do the updates in Safe Mode with Networking?

Have you tried disabling your Antivirus program to do the updates?

Have you tried doing the updates using Windows Update?

Have you tried to update the HP Support Assistant?

Have you tried to do a clean boot and then tried the updates again?

If you are having problems updating HPSA itself, download and install the latest version of HPSA from the HP Support Assistant Web site. 

Please follow the troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshooting HP Support Assistant

If that does not work, while in Safe Mode please; 

1. Uninstall the HP Support Assistant

2. Restarting the Notebook once the Uninstall has finished

3. Reinstall the HP Support Assistant from this link. (On the right hand side, please choose Notebooks, Laptops, Netbooks)

If you require further assistance, I would be more than happy to continue to help you. Please re-post with the results of the troubleshooting and the answers to the questions above. 

Don't forget to click the Thumbs Up to show your appreciation. 

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community!
Have a great day! Smiley Happy

EmeraldAvenger
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I bought this "all in one piece of ****, and have never been able to complete an update. Today was the last try. 4.5 hours later, it still had not completed an update. I thought the all -in- one would be great. Sorry, you pitiful people that work at HP, this cr** is why microsoft DOMINATES the industry.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.