01-25-2011 02:23 PM
I currently have a HP Mini 1030NR with a Solid State drive and Windows XP. Recently my notebook got infected with a virus, and while I believe I was able to remove it all, I would like to "wipe it clean" and restore it back to the default installation.
Since it didn't ship with a Windows CD, and I assume I can't boot from a CD ROM to do a recovery, anyone know what my options are?
01-25-2011 02:58 PM
Most HP notebooks nowadays come with a recovery partition, but probably not on the mini with solid state - mainly due to the small disk size. So ways to recover is using a set of recovery disks or a bootable usb (big enough to hold the image). You should be able to boot from an external CD/DVD or usb, maybe need to first change the boot order in bios.
* I am an HP employee. *
** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)