Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Dv6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My hard drive was failing and giving a (301) error. I replaced it with a  identical new hard drive.

The problem is the Full test is giving me a (305) error on the new hard drive claiming that it is full.

Quick Test says (303) and SMART test says (301)?

When I try to boot Win7 from disk it is not reading a bootable device. New Hard Drive bad?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@StaplesHP

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the hard drive was recently replaced and the new hard drive isn't working either,
And you're right the new hard drive also seems to have a defect and I recommend you get yourself a replacement.

For details about the error code: 301, 303, 305 are all hard drive errors indicating imminent failure or had failed.
Hard Drive Failure Errors: Imminent Failure, Smart, BIOHD, HD535, etc: Click here for more information

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@StaplesHP

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips,
Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂

As I understand the hard drive was recently replaced and the new hard drive isn't working either,
And you're right the new hard drive also seems to have a defect and I recommend you get yourself a replacement.

For details about the error code: 301, 303, 305 are all hard drive errors indicating imminent failure or had failed.
Hard Drive Failure Errors: Imminent Failure, Smart, BIOHD, HD535, etc: Click here for more information

If you are able to reach some resolution, please click on Accept Solution to help others with similar issues.
If you appreciate my assistance, please click on the thumbs up icon.
Both icons are below this post.

Have a good day, Ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Update: As it turned out the hard drive that I originally had replaced was defective as well.. Not to mention my DVD/ROM was also not loading software from disk because the reader was dirty from sitting for so long.

Purchased a new Hard Drive and cleaning the disk player solved the issues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.