12-20-2011 12:14 PM
The hard drive failed on my dad's laptop. Replacing it isn't a problem, but I'm not sure how to get Windows 7 back onto it. His laptop came with it installed already and he doesn't have any backup discs. Will HP send discs so that I can reinstall the OS? I'd rather not have to buy a new OS.
12-20-2011 12:40 PM - last edited on 04-18-2016 03:52 PM by OscarFuentes
You can order a replacement set of Recovery Discs using the link below.
If you have any problem with this link, order them directly from HP.
If you live in the US, contact HP Here.
If you are in another part of the world, start Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)