Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Chromebook
Chrome OS

Several keys on my keyboard don't work.  As suggested on this forum, I powerwashed the Chromebook twice with no change in the problem.  I contacted HP and I have received the box to return it for repair under the warranty.  My question is this: does anyone know if I should be including the AC adaptor?  The tech person I spoke to get the repair said I should not include it but the paperwork sent from the repair center says to include it.  I called back multiple times to try to get what I thought was a simple answer to no avail.  I want don't to send the adaptor if I'm not going to get it back but I also don't want to preclude the repair center from being able to fix the keyboard.  Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@NicoleNEO

The only time you need to include the Power Adapter is when there is believed to be an issue with that component.

HP has all the adapters for all the various notebooks, tablets, and desktop computers.

In view of what the HP Representative has told you, you need not send in the adapter.

Cover your backside:

If you like, put a short note in the box that indicates you were told not to send the power adapter.

And, yes, if the issue with the keyboard turns out to be the adapter, you would need a new adapter.

Add to your note that if the problem is not found, that you suspect the power adapter, after all.  HP may just send you one should the tech dept. think a new adapter is necessary to resolve the issue.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@NicoleNEO

The only time you need to include the Power Adapter is when there is believed to be an issue with that component.

HP has all the adapters for all the various notebooks, tablets, and desktop computers.

In view of what the HP Representative has told you, you need not send in the adapter.

Cover your backside:

If you like, put a short note in the box that indicates you were told not to send the power adapter.

And, yes, if the issue with the keyboard turns out to be the adapter, you would need a new adapter.

Add to your note that if the problem is not found, that you suspect the power adapter, after all.  HP may just send you one should the tech dept. think a new adapter is necessary to resolve the issue.

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.