01-19-2014 08:37 PM
I bought an HP Pavilion notebook a few months ago. It has Windows 8. I was away from my computer over the holidays and, stupid me, forgot the password. I assume it is the Administrator's password--the one that is requested when you turn on the computer. Can someone help?
01-20-2014 03:37 AM
If you're running Windows 8 or 8.1, see the Microsoft page on the following link.
Note: If you have a Local Account, try the free application Here.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)