Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Probook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I have an HP Probook 4530s that I bought several years ago.  Maxed out the ram and its ran fine forever.  I really only use it for email, watching movies, looking at Excel sheets, viso, Online bacnking, etc..  Nothing requirng a super powerful machine.

Short Story, after a failed Restore to factory settings, it says "Operating System Not found"...

Long story, My laptop, its been running slower and slower, till it would require a reboot, then run fine for a few days.

Finally, fed up with it, I decided to try and restore this...  I've done it on many other Desktops and Laptops in the past.

Normally, there is s program you click on and it will ask if everything is backed up, upon confirming, it will format, and re-install everything like the 1st time you powered it up.

This Probook 4530s did not have that...  So I fumbled around and tried creating a ""restore CD"...

I got the latop to make what I thought was a good cd and started the process, not sure where I went wrong, but somehow I must have wiped everything and now it just says ""Opperating system not found" when you try and boot it...

Right now, I'm in the bios running all the diags making sure the HD or noting else just happend to go bad, but I'm pretty positive it was me and something I did or did not do... 

So, now my laptop is pretty much a paper weight, till I can figure this out...

What do I need to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend you call HP at this number and order a set of recovery disks.  1-800-334-5144 in the USA/Canada.

Have the serial number of the PC handy to give to the customer services rep.

Should cost around $10 delivered via 1st class mail.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

I recommend you call HP at this number and order a set of recovery disks.  1-800-334-5144 in the USA/Canada.

Have the serial number of the PC handy to give to the customer services rep.

Should cost around $10 delivered via 1st class mail.

HP Recommended

Thanks, I'm new to this forum software...  I maybe clicked on accept solution like that fixed my issues already...

I maybe should have just replied thanking you and updating, when/If that got me going...

Thanks for the reply, I'll update this as it goes....

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.