Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have hp probook 4530s and i want to recover it to its original factory setting i already converted my disk form dynamic to basic but its still not working 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

This may work if you still have the recovery partition on the hard disk. I suggest that you try this first.

Source for Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8  ISO images  including links to required software and tutorials as generously provided by forum member AXSHUN JAXSUN

You can download the legal Windows 7 64-bit ISO image file and then create an install DVD.  You could use the Microsoft DVD\USB download tool to create usb install media. You will need a  4 or 8 GB USB flashdrive to create the installer. I find the Microsoft DVD\USB download tool  to be the most effective solution since a USB install is so much faster. You can have the installation done within about thirty minutes or so.

Use the license activation key that is on the Microsoft Windows COA to activate the installation.

You can download all required drivers from the web support portal for your notebook and install them.  Install the chipset driver first and then audio and card reader drivers.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

You will need to use the recovery disk set or USB recovery media that you created to perform a factory image recover6.

If you did not create the recovery media when you had the chance to do it, then you will need to purchase a recovery disk set from  HP or an HP partner. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I have recovery partition name HP recovery 

HP Recommended

Did you create a recovery disk set or USB recovery media?

Is there a Microsoft Windows COA on the bottomof the notebook with all 25 characters visible?

Win 7 COA.png

HP Recommended

No i didnt create a Recovery Disk Or Usb and yes i have  Microsoft Windows COA below laptop battery with all 25 characters visible 

HP Recommended
It helps if you state which operating system it is and which type (32 or 64-bit).

You can perform a clean install of Windows using a usb installer or an install disk.

HP Recommended

My operating system is 64 Bit and how can i do clean install ? i dnt have installation cd 

HP Recommended

This may work if you still have the recovery partition on the hard disk. I suggest that you try this first.

Source for Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8  ISO images  including links to required software and tutorials as generously provided by forum member AXSHUN JAXSUN

You can download the legal Windows 7 64-bit ISO image file and then create an install DVD.  You could use the Microsoft DVD\USB download tool to create usb install media. You will need a  4 or 8 GB USB flashdrive to create the installer. I find the Microsoft DVD\USB download tool  to be the most effective solution since a USB install is so much faster. You can have the installation done within about thirty minutes or so.

Use the license activation key that is on the Microsoft Windows COA to activate the installation.

You can download all required drivers from the web support portal for your notebook and install them.  Install the chipset driver first and then audio and card reader drivers.

HP Recommended

OK i will try this but what will happen to my current windows after installing new

HP Recommended

If there is nothing wrong with your current Windows installation leave it as it is. If you perform a recovery your old Windows instal;ation will be gone forever. If you try to change back to a basic volume from dynamic or vice versa you will also damage your Windows installation.

At least now you know what to do if things goes wrong. Follow the instructions to make recovery media and you will be set.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.