08-13-2012 11:28 AM
I have an HP EliteBook 2760p using Windows 7 - 64-bit Professional
My original problem is that I couldn't create the Repair Disc
I found out that the problem was with a file that was on the recovery partition
I backed up the recovery partition from the same make and model computer
I reformatted the partition and recovered the backup to the reformatted partition
It didn't work
How do I create the recovery partition I have the 2 disks that came with the tablet PC
08-13-2012 02:41 PM - edited 08-13-2012 02:42 PM
If you do a factory restore using HP recovery discs it will put everything back including recovery partition. I don't know if any way to manually re-create the recovery partition.
NOTE: back up your files as Factory Restore wipes ALL data.
08-14-2012 09:36 AM
I have the Operating System DVD Windows 7 Professional and the Application and Driver Recovery DVD
Will these do the job in place of recovery disks?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)