Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Common problems for Battery
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about: Battery Reports, Hold a charge, Test and Calibrating Battery . Check out this link: Is your notebook plugged in and not charging?
HP Recommended
x16-96-072
Microsoft Windows XP

I would just like to know how old my laptop is. Why is it so hard to get that information?????? the series of numbers on laptop are as follows. 584237-001, 00196224-309-438, x16-96-072. Please let me know asap.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for using HP forum. I  will do my best to assist you.

1. Click the Start button, type HP Support Assistant in the search field, and then select HP Support Assistant or cmd.exe from the search results list.
  2. If the serial number does not display at the bottom of the window, click My computer.
  3. The serial number displays under the System information tab.

The fourth character in the serial number tells us the year of built of pc 

for example: 5CM2390K0B, in this case its 2012.

Regards,

MSR

Spoiler
Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hanner626

What is the 4th, 5th, and 6th numbers of your serial number???

REO

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for using HP forum. I  will do my best to assist you.

1. Click the Start button, type HP Support Assistant in the search field, and then select HP Support Assistant or cmd.exe from the search results list.
  2. If the serial number does not display at the bottom of the window, click My computer.
  3. The serial number displays under the System information tab.

The fourth character in the serial number tells us the year of built of pc 

for example: 5CM2390K0B, in this case its 2012.

Regards,

MSR

Spoiler
Thanks! If this helps you to reach a solution, please click the "Accept as Solution" button down below in this message. If you wish to say "thanks" for my effort to help, click the "Thumbs Up" to give me a Kudos

HP Recommended

@msr5

You forgot the 39 in your example.

Week 39September 24, 2012September 30, 2012

REO

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.