Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp p107TX Notebook
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My son dropped his notebook, corrupted the hard drive, I ordered & replaced the hard drive. It was purchased with windows 8.1 OS he upgraded to Windows 10 OS during the free upgrade period. It was out of warranty by 1 week when he dropped it....so after replacing the hard drive... now what & do I have to purchase a new windows 10 OS?

PS: He doesn't need to recovery any files, we just need a clean windows 10 install

Thanks

(Mum the computer technician....NOT!)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

That's great!

Let me know how it goes.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Hi,

Please use option 1 in this tutorial: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2376-usb-flash-drive-create-install-windows-10-a.html

And use this tutorial to install: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

Windows 10 will automatically get activated. Be connected to internet.

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

Ok thanks Visruth, I'll give it a go & will let you know how I go.....I'm not only a Mum Computer Tech I'm also a poet!

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

That's great!

Let me know how it goes.

HP Recommended

Hey Visruth, I couldn't manage to download the media creation tool on my vista, so I got a computer shop guy to do it on usb & dvd for $44. I used the usb to boot up first but it wouldn't work, so obviously I was cursing the computer guy thinking he didn't do it right, so I tried the dvd he supplied & BAMMMM!! Booted up, installed & all is running perfectly, thank you so much.....only for you I would have been lost & to get the computer guy to do everything would have cost a hell of a lot more, so thanks again you saved me a bunch!!

Cheers

Jenn

HP Recommended
Hi Jenn,

You're very welcome 🙂

Thank you for letting me know.

Glad everything is well now. Wish you a prosperous year ahead!

Regards

Visruth
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.