Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC Notebook. When I had first purchased it, it ran on Windows Vista and I upgraded it to Windows 7. I want to restore it to factory settings but I am having difficulty. I tapped Escape and then pressed F11 and have this several times and it did nothing after each option I selected. I have also tapped Escape and then pressed F9 and tried all the selections from there and that has failed too. I do not have any of the original CDs except the Windows 7 upgrade installation and I have tried that to unistall Windows 7 but it won't do that either. I have basically tried everything, ran out of ideas, and I need help.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will have to order a set of recovery disks for your PC by reading the info at the link below.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07143

If you can read all 25 characters of the vista product key on the bottom of your notebook, you can make your own vista installation dvd.

Here' s how:

If you're up to a slight but rewarding challenge you can make your own if you can read your 25 character Vista product key on the PC.

Just download the 3 files you need at the link below, and read all of the instructions to create a bootable DVD installation disk using imageburn.

Disregard the part of the text under the first screen shot about "extract the files to the Vista folder."

The files were already extracted to that folder when you ran the X14.exe file by reading the text on top of the first screen shot.

The other thing I noticed is on the 4th screen shot, where it shows Developer ID Microsoft Corporation. I had to type Microsoft Corporation in myself, and then the other codes automatically populated.

When I went to compile the ISO file, ImageBurn gave a message that about a WIM file and ISO, and if I wanted to burn it in a different format.

I selected No, make the ISO file.

It was not that hard to do. I burned both the 64 bit disk and the 32 bit disk in case I ever need them.

I tested both of them an my hp dc7100 CMT desktop PC, they worked perfectly.

When you enter the product key, it knows what version of Vista you have.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/software-os/w/microsoft_os/3317.2-3-microsoft-windows-v....

After you successfully install Vista, you can then install the drivers from your PC's support and driver page.

Paul

HP Recommended

As the pc is booting, press function key F11 only repeatedly before the Windows loading message appears.

1) turn on pc

2) press repeatedly key F11

(do not press Esc or Fn keys)

3) follow prompts on the screen to do an original factory installation.

Good luck!

HP Recommended
This is really helpful thank you so much
HP Recommended

Thanks, very useful

HP Recommended

This thread has been locked and closed from any further posts. 

You can create a new thread or post under the same catagory. 

If you have any questions please message me directly. 

Thank you 

Duane_D

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have tried to reset my computer to factory settings but when I go into the prompts it tells me that no point has been created to reset from. It's like it hasn't been saving all of the restore points when I do sporadic updates on my computer. I cannot read the 25-digit product code on the bottom of the laptop either. Any other suggestions on how to reset my HP Pavilion Entertainment PC to factory settings?

-Sam

HP Recommended
thank , good informasi sir
HP Recommended

Hi!

I have closed this thread to help keep the comments timely. If you have more to add, please start a new thread. Click here if you want to learn more about how to start a new conversation/thread.

Please post in a new thread for better exposure. It may also be helpful if you posted a few more details about your computer/printer and your issues.

1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.

If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!

Thank you!"

I work on behalf of HP. I am a Moderator on the HP Support Forums.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.