09-21-2012 08:51 AM
Product: HP G56 # XG598UA#ABA Windows 7 64bit
I can no longer install windows updates because the computer itself claims I do not have a genuine copy of windows 7. The laptop was purchased with all software installed from HP. The exact error is "Windows 7 build 7601 This is not a genuine copy of windows"
Do I need to restore my computer to factory default or do I just need a new product key?
09-21-2012 08:57 AM - last edited on 02-21-2017 11:52 PM by OscarFuentes
Please find thelink given below might help you to resolve your issue.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
09-21-2012 08:58 AM - edited 09-21-2012 08:58 AM
Follow the instructions to re-activate your operating system found in this Microsoft Answers thread.
If I have helped you to resolve your issue or answered your question, please click the Options link in the post that helped you and then click on the "Mark as Accepted Solution " button
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)