Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

sir, i bought a new HP Note Book Yesterday it as Loaded with Win-8 OS and i want to Change the OS to Win - 7, while i enter to the booting option .i cant see any bootdevice from CD/DVD Option . will you please help me to find a solution .. .. .. ..

Thanks & Regards

Shan:smileyindifferent:

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

*****Disclaimer*****

HP doesn't recommend the installation of Windows 7 on a computer shipped with Windows 8, nor will it support the installation of Windows 7. HP will not provide Windows 7 drivers and suitable drivers may not be available for the hardware in the computer. Also, Windows 7 may not support some of the hardware or software features designed for the computer.

Make sure you create your HP Recovery Discs or USB Flash Recovery media before modifying or changing ANYTHING.

You will need to DISABLE "Secure Boot" and maybe ENABLE "Legacy Support" in the "BIOS Secure Boot cofiguration" on the settings page shown below before you can attempt to install Windows 7;

or

Select Enabled

Additionally, as the hard drive is partitioned as GPT, you must boot the computer using the "UEFI - CD/DVD drive" or "UEFI- USB Flash Drive" options in the "F9" boot menu. If something to that effect doesn't exist in the boot menu, please post a screen shot and/or describe the listed boot options.

I suggest using Windows 7 SP1 for the best intallation experience. If you need Windows SP1, please see "How to Install Windows 7 Without the Disc" to download and create your own. If the DVD refuses to boot as UEFI, you may need to use a USB Flash drive (may require DISABLING "Fast Boot" in the BIOS) as the installation media. Please download the Windows 7 USB/DVD download tool to create a Windows 7 SP1 USB Flash drive. The USB Flash may not be recognized as a valid UEFI boot source by some computers if it is formated as NTFS and may require some modifications to work correctly.

Here are the specs for your HP Pavilion g6-2200ee Notebook Computer. The HP Pavilion g6-2200ee Notebook PC Drivers page for your computer, appears to only have drivers for Windows 8 and 8.1. 

Please post the Windows Device Manager's "Hardware Ids" for any additional missing or unknown devices, as shown in the example below;

device manager.png

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sir Thanks For Your Information And Support :generic:

I would Like to know is there any option to change the BIOS and Support all the Drivers n Features Same in Win-7

and why HP Do like this *****Disclaimer*****

HP doesn't recommend the installation of Windows 7 on a computer shipped with Windows 8, nor will it support the installation of Windows 7. HP will not provide Windows 7 drivers and suitable drivers may not be available for the hardware in the computer. Also, Windows 7 may not support some of the hardware or software features designed for the computer.

Bcoz i really sad with this Win-8 . Most of all the Laptops, we can Cange OS as we like. but HP Now Brings Some Policies Like this will make all SAD

Plz Plz Help me to find a Solution

i tried the Disable secure booting Option There also I CanNot Find Any CD/DVD Drive to Boot theWin-&7 DVD

Thanks & Regards

sHaN...:mansad:

HP Recommended

There is no option to install a BIOS that supports "all the Drivers n Features Same in Win-7". The current and/or updated BIOS, will support Windows 7. You just need to configure "Secure Boot" and "Legacy Support" to bypass the industry standard technologies. HP didn't bring any policies that stop you from installing other OSes and what you are seeing is an industry wide change. To make computer safer against mal-ware, Secure Boot was conceived by the industry. To support newer, better, bigger, faster technologies... other changes have been implemented by the industry.

Again, please provide screenshots and the full details of the BIOS settings, of the exact DVD you are trying to install from , etc.

As far as the Windows 7 drivers are concerned, most of the drivers from the HP Pavilion g6t-2000 CTO Notebook PC Drivers page should work. Once you have Windows 7 installed, you should install the drivers in this order;

1)  Intel chipset installation utility.  Install and reboot.

2)  This model uses Intel HD graphics. Install and reboot.

3)  Intel Rapid Storage Technology. Install and reboot.

4)  Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI). Install and reboot.

5)  IDT HD Audio. Install and reboot.

6)  USB 3.0 drivers. Install and reboot.

7)  Realtek LAN. Install.

😎  Realtek Card Reader.

9)  Synaptics TouchPad.

10)  Wireless LAN, Bluetooth (need the Hardware Ids)

11)  HP Software Framework, HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection Software (HP 3D Driveguard), HP CoolSense Technology, CyberLink YouCam Software, etc.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the white KUDOS star to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520
HP Recommended

Thanks Sir ,

I already installed WIN-7 on My HP Pavilion g6-2200ee, Itz Gud but i canot Find The LAN DRIVER  , WI-FI Driver , Bluetooth Drivers or anything. Display Drive is Automatically Taken .

Will  You Please Help Me to Find A proper Driver For The LAN , Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Etc..

Thanks & Regards

ShaNbal.k

N

Thanks Alot For Your Support !!!!

Spoiler
Spoiler
:mansad:

HP Recommended

Hello swathishan,

I understand that you are looking for drivers, after installing Windows 7 on your computer. To be able to assist further, I would need to know the hardware IDs of the drivers that you do need. I have included the document 'How to Find Hardware ID'.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
i am facing problem in installing windows 7 in pre installed win8 hp pavilion g6. As per above instructions i changed the bios boot setup i.e. Enable 'lagecy boot'. At the start windows 7 working nomally. But at last step, i.e. before completing it restarts and again starts copying new files as it starts earlier and again installing from very begining.
Please help me as i am fed up to install win 7.
Please provide me full detail to install win 7

HP Recommended

Hi devvrats:

Welcome to the forum!   Thank you for your post. I am elated to help you!

I understand that  you want to downgrade your system and when you try to install your Windows 7, it nears completion and than loops back and starts over again. I see you have followed the instructions in the previous posts, that is good. The only suggestion I have, is to reformat the hard drive and then try a fresh installation. Please let me know the outcome.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

2014-01-05:

Hello !!! I just want to thank you for your posting. It was really useful. 

We purchased a G6 – 2240ca for my Mom and she didn’t like at all the new interface W8. I retrofit the laptop to W7 (purchase a new licence – Only W8 prof is allow to ‘legally’ downgrade to W7 prof) – What a rip-off by Microsoft$.

Anyway, I reinstall everything not without some little challenges … But thank to this post, it was a lot easier.

As a final note, some drivers were a bit more difficult to find. I found this tool that identifies all my missing drivers, the hardware component associated, the version I installed and if an upgrade was available. It’s call Driver Identifier. I just used the information panel and did the update manually.

I tough it might be useful if you get stuck on a unknown device with no drivers like me for the USB 3.0 and SM Bus.

Regards,

Denis. 

HP Recommended
I'm using HP 14-n009TU. I'm unable to downgrade to win 7 neither re install Win 8. when I was checking for help I saw your blog which I think is best. However I still have problem. When I chooses the normal USB Flash drive option I'm unable to install the windows and whenever I chooses for UEFI- USB Flash Drive, I got the error prompt "The selected boot device failed. Press<Enter> to continue" and when I press enter it restated the windows. Please help, I need to re install the windows again.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.