03-06-2011 09:49 AM
I just purchased an HP dv6tse and it has a fingerprint reader. The OS is Windows 7 Professional. The fingerprint software appears to be HP SimplePass Identify Protection. My Windows 7 logon screen has both a User Account and Fingerprint logon icon, and I want the screen to show only a password logon box for my user account, like my work EliteBook which has no fingerprint reader.
When I research this it seems there should be a Biometric Devices link from Control Panel, but there is none. My guess is that the HP SimplePass software disables the display of the Biometric Devices control panel screen. Then it provides no equivalent functionality in its interface.
How do I remove the fingerprint logon icon from my Windows 7 logon screen and get the Windows 7 logon to go straight to my password logon, given the above?
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)