Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Thank you. It works.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. I installed an older version of the MEI, followed the rest of your instructions and my laptop shuts down and transitions to sleep mode just fine! Much appreciated.

HP Recommended

You're welcome!  Glad it helped.  🙂

HP Recommended

First of all thank you for your information. However, when I checked my Device Manager I do not find a  "Intel Management Engine (MEI)" Driver.

I went on line and did a search

Which platforms and chipsets are supported?
Currently we support the following chipsets regardless of your system manufacturer or the motherboard in your PC:

• Intel® Q57/H57/H55/P55 Express Chipset
  • Mobile Intel® QM57/QS57/HM57/HM55/PM55 Express Chipsets.

Please note that this tool does NOT support any older platforms or chipsets such as the Intel® 4 Series Chipset or Intel® 3 Series Chipset families.

I have a older HP Envy 15, with an    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 820QM CPU @ 1.73GHz

So I do not believe that the above mentioned fix will remedy someone with a similar processors issue nor mine.

Please correct me if I am wrong

Novice here

HP Recommended

@Utisz wrote:

@I have a older HP Envy 15, with an    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 820QM CPU @ 1.73GHz

So I do not believe that the above mentioned fix will remedy someone with a similar processors issue nor mine.

Novice here

Were you looking under System Devices in Device Manager?  You should see "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface".  We have the same basic model, so if you're having the issue as well, I'd be very surprised if it's not being caused by that driver.

HP Recommended

@DanG82 wrote:

@Utisz wrote:

@I have a older HP Envy 15, with an    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 820QM CPU @ 1.73GHz

Novice here

Were you looking under System Devices in Device Manager?  You should see "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface".  We have the same basic model, so if you're having the issue as well, I'd be very surprised if it's not being caused by that driver.

yes

Yes I was looking under System Devices in Device Manager  I do not see anything even close to "Intel(R) Management Engine Interface". 

Thank you again for your help

HP Recommended

I have having the same issues after upgrading to win 10. I have tried following the instructions for uninstalling the MEI version 11 driver, so I went to my programs section only to find that my MEI driver is the 9.5 version and not the 11 version. Should I uninstall the 9.5 anyway and then download another 9.5 from Intel?

HP Recommended

@Erberderber wrote:

I have having the same issues after upgrading to win 10. I have tried following the instructions for uninstalling the MEI version 11 driver, so I went to my programs section only to find that my MEI driver is the 9.5 version and not the 11 version. Should I uninstall the 9.5 anyway and then download another 9.5 from Intel?

Make sure to check the version number in Device Manager, not in Programs and Features.  The latter is showing you the software version, which is not necessarily the same as the driver version.

HP Recommended

Thanks Dan, I had a look in the devices section and the MEI driver is indeed the 11.0 version. Should I uninstall it or just install the 9.5 from Intel and follow the rest of your instructions?

HP Recommended

You have to

1) Download V9

2) "hide updates to the MEI driver" as per the instructions or else Microsoft will promptly replace it with the 11 version at the first opportunity

3) Remove the existing driver from the Device Manager

4) Install the downloaded V9 driver

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.