09-10-2013 09:21 AM
Please find the link given below might help you understand better.
"I work for HP."
****Click the (purple thumbs up icon in the lower right corner of a post) to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
09-10-2013 09:23 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:12 AM by OscarFuentes
First make your set of W8 recovery disks. Then you need to change some BIOS settings in order to boot the from the W7 installation media and run W7.
See the link below for the settings to change.
If you need drivers, please follow these steps:
1. In the Run box type devmgmt.msc.
2. Unknown devices would be listed as such and marked out with a yellow question mark.
3. Select the unknown device or other device for which you need drivers and right click to access Properties.
4. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id or Hardware ID from the drop down.
5. An alphanumeric string like this PCI\VEN_1217&DEV_7130&SUBSYS_012F1025&REV_01\4&6B1
6. Please provide this number so that we can suggest the appropriate driver.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
09-10-2013 09:24 AM - last edited on 04-20-2016 09:12 AM by OscarFuentes
If Windows 8 is your original operating system then you will have to purchase a version of Windows 7 to install if your machine is compatible. I would say if you want to downgrade due to not liking Windows 8 ... you are able to use the desktop view in Windows 8 just like it were Windows 7 except for not having a start menu . There are apps such as our own which you can install to get the start menu or something like itto use . Here is a link to ours :
After clicking the link above you can download our version of a "start" menu called Quick Start and it will have infromation , instructions , etc. on the download page .
Also , getting comfortable with navigating Windows 8 helps although it may not be for everyone. I was standoffish at first but have come to love it.
***Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!.***
***Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching***
++You must be the originator of thread to see the option Accept as Solution++
09-10-2013 11:20 AM
posted on the same subject and cited all the problems Windows 8 was giving me. I was wondering if your desire to down grade are for the same reasons. What really irks me is that twice the system locked up and would run diagnostics and inform me it could not be restored. So had to reinstall from the D drive. And the touchpad will lock up frequently for a couple minutes, once for nearly 5 minutes. **bleep**. Just now the cursor locked up for two minutes stopping my typing here. I am finding Windows 8 has more bugs than the dreaded Windows Me.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)