06-16-2012 05:32 PM
My computer lately has been running really slowly. It'll take really long starting up and loading. It runs really slow. I've had it for almost a year and figured it was time to clear the hard drive and start fresh. Now, on my old computers I could just shut it down and then when it was starting up I would click the F10(?) button and it would allow me to delete all the stuff on my hard drive and start fresh without any CD's. Now, on this comptuer I cannot figure out how to do it. Any help would be appreciated.
I have a Pavilion dv6 notebook running Windows 7.
06-16-2012 05:44 PM - edited 06-16-2012 05:49 PM
The three main ways to reinstall the operating system can be found in the document on he link below - often, the easiest one is the 'f11 method' where you shut down the notebook and tap away at f11 as soon as you press the power button to launch Recovery Manager. As all these methods are 'desteuctive' back-up all your personal files etc first.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)