11-18-2011 04:20 AM
I just bought a hp laptop (Pavilion g6 1143ex) with free dos, how can I install Windows 7 and also drivers ? there is no drivers CD's included.
11-18-2011 05:02 AM
Dear MAFS, so simple just boot your laptop with the Win7 DVD and install it.
after that go on to the http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html by following the link "Drivers & Softwares" and write your Serial No and there you will find your required Drivers. ;-)
11-18-2011 05:25 AM
Thank you for your reply.
1- There is a part called system, should I keep or remove.
2- After installation I can't connect to internet and I found some devices not configured such as ethernet, network, pci comm. and sm bus controllers and pci device.
Would you please to help in these also.
Thank you for your help in advance.
11-18-2011 05:36 AM
Dear the partition SYSTEM is about 100 MB / 1 GB, there is nothing inside this "it is use as recovery part"
just insert your Device serial No which will be found in BIOS during Booting and find the drivers for your LAPTOP.
11-18-2011 06:13 AM
Dear just download the Ethernet drivers from other PC and copy and install it on your desired LAPTOP and then connect it to the internet and update the remaining drivers.
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)