09-03-2011 04:32 PM
I purchased new HP lap top, I would like to partition on my hard disc.
Please give me the suggestion for how to take the back up for my new laptop its necessary or not and how to create the partition on my hard disc System information
i5 second generation
Windows dome premium 64 bit
Hard disc size 640gb
Thanks and Regards
09-03-2011 11:50 PM
01-06-2012 02:25 PM
dear sir i tried to do as you explained however failed
first when i tried to change the c drive to extended it is not possible as this option is inactive
second when try to do shrink volume to c partition it split it to two equal partions and only after changing the whole partions to dynamic partions
third when using recovery media it return the machine to factory sittings losing whatever done before
my laptop is pavilion dv6-6b96ex i7 1tb hdd
06-28-2012 09:32 PM - edited 06-28-2012 09:54 PM
Perfect Solution to Problem:
1.Create your recovery DVD's from recovery partition before proceding, or order them from hp so as in case of any error or in worst case system can be set to factory restore.
2.BACK UP YOUR DATA.
3.FOLLOW ON YOUR OWN RISK , NO RESPONSIBILTY FOR DATA LOSS , SYSTEM CRASH, OR LOSS OF RECOVERY PARTITION.
4.Hopefully you have read this , if any consequences arises take it on your part , nothing to do with it, you can leave the rest of reding part if not ready,
THANKS FOR READING........
OOP'S you are here,,,,,,,,,then lets continue at y
You are using this guide at your own risk. I don't
Important informations !
Before you will do anything please create a set of
Both these steps will save you a lot of troubles i
Remember that if you will decide to use the recove
Below screenshot shows pre-configured partitions o
As you see mounted HDD has four primary partitions
- C - partiton with the operating system.
- HP_TOOLS - partition which allow to use diagnostic tools aft
er pressing F2 on startup.
- RECOVERY - partiton which allows to recover system by pressi
ng F11 on startup.
- SYSTEM - active partition which boots the operating system.
Here begins our problem. A standard partition tabl
This means that a hard disk could have a maximum o
To deal with this limitation we may:
----> Delete hp tools partiton , and create new lo
Please perform each operation individually.
Using several operations at one time may end with
1.Hope you have your recovery media , recovery media dvd set and DRIVER DVD,if not then please get it first for safety..
2. Download and install MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition.
3.Please back all of your data on HARDDISK before proceding.......
4.Go to START> COMPUTER > RIGHT CLICK ON IT > MANAGE
5.A window opens, select disk management from it , given on left hand side....
6.It will display your harddisk partitions as displayed in image.....carefully locate HP_TOOLS Partition in given table.....
7.Right click on HP_TOOLS Partition and Delete it.........it will prompt for response say yes.........
8.Now must have left with 3 partitons.........HP_TOOLS have been deleted...
9.Now action time...........
10.Start Minitool Partition wizard.......it will diaplay your partitons.........select C: partition......right click on it .....select option move/resize...
11.New dialog box appears displays currents stats use the drag corners on top to reduce size for C: drive ......set the new size according to use..........But new size must not be less than 150 gb to avoid any data loss.....
12.leave rest of options intact.........click ok...........this will return you to minitool partiton wizrd home screen........click on apply at leftmost top corner..........it asks for permission say yes........then it displays that drive is in use you need to restart............
13.Click on Restart Computer........
14.Your Computer will restart in Mini tool partition boot mode dont press any key...........after loading it will start processing and shrinking............then copying data...........it will restart automatically after progress is done 100%..........be patient.........it takes upto 5-10 mins......
15.If every thing goes fine your computer will start normally.........then go to START> COMPUTER > RIGHT CLICK ON IT > MANAGE
16. New window opens, select disk management from it , given on left hand side....now you can see your C: partition has been reduced in size according to your size specified...........and unallocated space have been created along by C: partion.
17. Finally right click on unallocated space and select NEW SIMPLE VOLUME......a dialog box appers specify size to create a new logical partition...........you may create any number of logical drives till there is free space left...........
18.Now open My Computer ...........you can see your new custom partitions have been created........
1. You can create any image creation tool......to
2. In future if you want to recover system,,,,,you
Running Recovery form DVD or recovery partiton may
USE IMAGE CREATION SOFT FOR CREATING SYSEM IMAGES
ALL INFO IS FROM BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE,,,,,,,,,,BUT
SYSTEM CRASH,, OR VIOLATION OF WARRANTY...........
After you delete HP_TOOLS partition, BEWARE about one thing: do you have something called HP support assistant in your laptop? if yes, beware when it wants to upgrade HP software, because it will make HP_TOOLS partition reappear without your permission!!
(u may ask for any further any queries,,,,,wll b hppy to help)
ACCEPT IT AS SOLUTION,,,REFER TO OTHER,,, AND CLICK ON KUDOS!!!!!!!!!!!
THANKS,,,,,,,,,(SRY FOR BAD ENGLISH)
////////Clicking Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue helps others who are searching///////
- HP PCs Forgot the Sign-in Password (Windows 10)
- Downloading or Updating Software and Drivers for HP Computers
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Overview of Recovering or Reinstalling the Operating System (Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP)
- HP PCs - Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 8)