Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I'm having problems to reformat my notebook. Now, my notebook there is some damage on the windows file that result in some application can not be opened. So I decided to reformat my notebook. The problem is, every time I managed to boot from the CD, the process is stuck, which it releases the blue screen error. Do I have settings the BIOS? if so, how to settings the BIOS?
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Which OS do you have? Vista or W7?

Are you using the HP recovery discs?

HP Recommended

Windows 7.. 

No, i don't use HP recovery discs

HP Recommended

HP recovery discs are the easiest way to reinstall Windows 7

You can order recovery media here

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00810334

HP Recommended

You can also do a format & reinstall by tapping away at the F11 key immediately after powering on the laptop. This will launch System Recovery which will format and return the notebook to Factory specs.

You also have software on the notebook which can be used to burn an OS Recovery Disk set once you get back into Windows, which can also be used to boot the notebook and format & reinstall or install to a new hdd when yours fails.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Re: How to  format Compaq Presario CQ42 with out cd,

thank you

HP Recommended

@syedarshad

You can do a format & reinstall by tapping away at the F11 key immediately after powering on the laptop. This will launch System Recovery which will format and return the notebook to Factory specs.

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

First disable floppy drive,next disable network drive.

Insert CD in to CD drive.reformating start.it shows error.at the time wait second and press enter key continue.then automatically booting continue 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.