Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi everyone!

How can I reformat HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC?

Thank you..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Use HP Recovery Manager to boot into recovery to format and reinstall.You can also use Recovery Manager to burn a Recovery DVD set to boot from for a format & reinstall.

Vista Recovery:

Windows 7 Recovery:

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Use HP Recovery Manager to boot into recovery to format and reinstall.You can also use Recovery Manager to burn a Recovery DVD set to boot from for a format & reinstall.

Vista Recovery:

Windows 7 Recovery:

HP Recommended

Thank you CherylG! I've just read your reply, Windows7 Recovery, and I find it very helpful. As of now I don't have dvd-r or dvd+r to create recovery discs. By tomorrow I will schedule creating those recovery discs and I hope every thing will go smoothly.:smileyvery-happy: Again, thank you so much for your usual support!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. I usually have best results with Sony DVD+R for Recovery Disks.Not promoting Sony in any way,but they prove the most reliable in my use.

HP Recommended

i want to format my HPpavilion dv6, and i dont have the backup CD...and also cannot connect to intel wireless display (WiDi)

HP Recommended

@chefsushant5136

My Reply above has links that show how to do the format and reinstall using the Recovery partition on hard drive. Choose the link that corresponds to your Operating System.

HP Recommended

This shows how to burn the backup (Recovery Disks):

Creating Recovery Discs or Saving a Recovery Image to a USB Flash Drive in Windows 7 .

HP Recommended

@CherylG wrote:

Vista Recovery:

Windows 7 Recovery:

i cant format my computer windows 7 hp recovery manager 

HP Recommended

@marwanqadir1995

Please be more specific about what happens when you try to format.Any error messages,etc?

Are you using Recovery Disks or the F11 recovery?

HP Recommended
Unable to complete the win7 ultimate in hp pavilion lapto
Error ocure...rthe software is not supported by hardware..its show at the end of the instalation...plz help me
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.