Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 5330m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

My BIOS give the words "out of date" , but an update is nowhere to be found on the HP support site. (even after registering my machine)

Does anyone have a solution? I am not a very technical person.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please see HP Notebook System BIOS Update Revision History;

Version:F.62 Rev.A (6 Jun 2016)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after installing this updated BIOS, older versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version:F.61 Rev.A (13 May 2016)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after installing this updated BIOS, older versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version:F.60 Rev.A (31 Mar 2015)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version:F.50 Rev. A (9 Aug 2014)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security for UEFI EDK2. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version:F.42 (15 Jul 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an issue where the system stops functioning (hangs) and displays a black screen when the system is restarted after BitLocker is enabled.
- Fixes an issue where the Windows Event viewer logs an event ID warning number 24624 when the system is restarted with BitLocker enabled.
Enhancements
- Updates the Intel PXE code to version 1.0C.

Version:F.41 (24 May 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an issue where the battery does not charge properly.
- Fixes an issue where system does not boot properly from a Verbatim USB 3.0 drive.
Enhancements
- Provides a warning message that is displayed when the System Management Command (SMC) support is disabled in the F10 BIOS Setup.

Version:F.40 (12 Mar 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the right Alt key is not recognized when used on an external USB keyboard connected to the system.
- Fixes an issue where the system does not restart properly after the BIOS has been updated to a new version or rolled back to a previous version.
Enhancements
- Optimized the memory settings to improve the reliability of the memory system.

Version:F.29 (7 Jan 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where data packets are lost while transferring data on a system connected to a network.
Enhancements
- Provides support to bypass the power-on password during a warm boot.

Version:F.28 (26 Sep 2012)

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the BIOS Power On feature does not wake the system from the off state. - Fixes an intermittent issue where the optical drive tray does not eject properly when the eject button is pressed. - Fixes an intermittent issue where the system battery does not charge properly after it has been fully discharged. - Fixes an intermittent issue where a system using a Solid State Drive (SSD) system does not boot properly.
Enhancements
- Provides the Max SATA speed option in the F10 BIOS Setup which enables the maximum speed of the SATA drive to be set to 6.0 Gbps or to 3.0 Gbps.

Version:F.27 (26 Jun 2012)

Enhancements
- Updates the preboot execution environment (PXE) ROM to version 1.08.

Version:F.26 (31 May 2012)

Fixes
- Fixes an issue where the BIOS cannot be flashed unattended if the BIOS password is longer than 16 characters. This issue occurs only when the BIOS is flashed in delay mode. - Fixes an issue where the automatic DriveLock password is not accepted after the system is restarted. - Fixes an issue where certain USB keyboards do not function properly in the pre-operating system environment. - Displays a message which requires acknowledgement of battery errors 601-602 during the power on self test (POST) until the user presses a key to continue. - Fixes an issue where the brightness setting of the external monitor is not restored to the original external power setting after removing the external power connection and then and reconnecting the system to external power while the monitor is in hibernation mode.
Enhancements
- Provides support for dual USB keyboards in the DOS environment. - Provides the location, manufacturer, size, and speed for each memory slot in the F10 BIOS setup. - Provides support for Wake on LAN (WOL) when the system is powered using the battery.

Version:F.22 (5 Jan 2012)

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system displays the message, "ME is in Recovery State." This issue occurs after manually loading the default setup settings or resetting the BIOS Security to the factory default settings in the BIOS setup (F10). - Fixes an issue where the BIOS setup (F10) menu does not show the Smart Card Power Options after the system is restarted. - Fixes an issue where disabling the modem in the BIOS setup (F10) causes the system to power on (boot) slowly.
Enhancements
- Provides support for a new Wireless WAN module.

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system displays the message, "ME is in Recovery State." This issue occurs after manually loading the default setup settings or resetting the BIOS Security to the factory default settings in the BIOS setup (F10). - Fixes an issue where the BIOS setup (F10) menu does not display the Smart Card Power Options after the system is restarted. - Fixes an issue where disabling the modem in the BIOS setup (F10) causes the system to power on (boot) slowly.
Enhancements
- Provides support for a new Wireless WAN module. - Updates the HPQFlash utility to version 4.50.1.1.

Version:F.20 Rev. (20 Oct 2011)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security for the BIOS flashing process. - Provides the Secure Erase option. NOTE: After this BIOS update has been installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be installed.

Version:F.03 Rev. (25 Jul 2011)

Enhancements
- Provides support for Peak Shift.

Version:F.02 Rev. (24 Apr 2011)

Enhancements
- Provides the initial BIOS release for the supported notebook models.

With Windows 10, you may have to create a bootable USB Flash Drive to update the system BIOS. This option should appear when runnimg the update.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank

***** Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping *****
***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP ENVY x360 m6-w103dx - Windows 10, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 520

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Please see HP Notebook System BIOS Update Revision History;

Version:F.62 Rev.A (6 Jun 2016)

Enhancements

Version:F.61 Rev.A (13 May 2016)

Enhancements

Version:F.60 Rev.A (31 Mar 2015)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security of UEFI code and variables. HP strongly recommends promptly transitioning to this updated BIOS version which supersedes all previous releases.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version:F.50 Rev. A (9 Aug 2014)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security for UEFI EDK2. HP strongly recommends transitioning promptly to this updated BIOS version.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after this BIOS update is installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be reinstalled.

Version:F.42 (15 Jul 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an issue where the system stops functioning (hangs) and displays a black screen when the system is restarted after BitLocker is enabled.
- Fixes an issue where the Windows Event viewer logs an event ID warning number 24624 when the system is restarted with BitLocker enabled.
Enhancements
- Updates the Intel PXE code to version 1.0C.

Version:F.41 (24 May 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an issue where the battery does not charge properly.
- Fixes an issue where system does not boot properly from a Verbatim USB 3.0 drive.
Enhancements
- Provides a warning message that is displayed when the System Management Command (SMC) support is disabled in the F10 BIOS Setup.

Version:F.40 (12 Mar 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the right Alt key is not recognized when used on an external USB keyboard connected to the system.
- Fixes an issue where the system does not restart properly after the BIOS has been updated to a new version or rolled back to a previous version.
Enhancements
- Optimized the memory settings to improve the reliability of the memory system.

Version:F.29 (7 Jan 2013)

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where data packets are lost while transferring data on a system connected to a network.
Enhancements
- Provides support to bypass the power-on password during a warm boot.

Version:F.28 (26 Sep 2012)

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the BIOS Power On feature does not wake the system from the off state. - Fixes an intermittent issue where the optical drive tray does not eject properly when the eject button is pressed. - Fixes an intermittent issue where the system battery does not charge properly after it has been fully discharged. - Fixes an intermittent issue where a system using a Solid State Drive (SSD) system does not boot properly.
Enhancements
- Provides the Max SATA speed option in the F10 BIOS Setup which enables the maximum speed of the SATA drive to be set to 6.0 Gbps or to 3.0 Gbps.

Version:F.27 (26 Jun 2012)

Enhancements
- Updates the preboot execution environment (PXE) ROM to version 1.08.

Version:F.26 (31 May 2012)

Fixes
- Fixes an issue where the BIOS cannot be flashed unattended if the BIOS password is longer than 16 characters. This issue occurs only when the BIOS is flashed in delay mode. - Fixes an issue where the automatic DriveLock password is not accepted after the system is restarted. - Fixes an issue where certain USB keyboards do not function properly in the pre-operating system environment. - Displays a message which requires acknowledgement of battery errors 601-602 during the power on self test (POST) until the user presses a key to continue. - Fixes an issue where the brightness setting of the external monitor is not restored to the original external power setting after removing the external power connection and then and reconnecting the system to external power while the monitor is in hibernation mode.
Enhancements
- Provides support for dual USB keyboards in the DOS environment. - Provides the location, manufacturer, size, and speed for each memory slot in the F10 BIOS setup. - Provides support for Wake on LAN (WOL) when the system is powered using the battery.

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system displays the message, "ME is in Recovery State." This issue occurs after manually loading the default setup settings or resetting the BIOS Security to the factory default settings in the BIOS setup (F10). - Fixes an issue where the BIOS setup (F10) menu does not show the Smart Card Power Options after the system is restarted. - Fixes an issue where disabling the modem in the BIOS setup (F10) causes the system to power on (boot) slowly.
Enhancements
- Provides support for a new Wireless WAN module.

Fixes
- Fixes an intermittent issue where the system displays the message, "ME is in Recovery State." This issue occurs after manually loading the default setup settings or resetting the BIOS Security to the factory default settings in the BIOS setup (F10). - Fixes an issue where the BIOS setup (F10) menu does not display the Smart Card Power Options after the system is restarted. - Fixes an issue where disabling the modem in the BIOS setup (F10) causes the system to power on (boot) slowly.
Enhancements
- Provides support for a new Wireless WAN module. - Updates the HPQFlash utility to version 4.50.1.1.

Version:F.20 Rev. (20 Oct 2011)

Enhancements
- Provides improved security for the BIOS flashing process. - Provides the Secure Erase option. NOTE: After this BIOS update has been installed, previous BIOS versions cannot be installed.

Version:F.03 Rev. (25 Jul 2011)

Enhancements
- Provides support for Peak Shift.

Version:F.02 Rev. (24 Apr 2011)

Enhancements
- Provides the initial BIOS release for the supported notebook models.

With Windows 10, you may have to create a bootable USB Flash Drive to update the system BIOS. This option should appear when runnimg the update.

Frank

***** Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my help solved your issue *****
***** This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP *****

HP Recommended

Thank you Mr Lasvegaswireman. I updated my computer and hope it will be faster and a little less loud. (My cooling is nearly always at full speed). My BIOS still reads 'out of date ', but we will see what happens.

Kind regards,

Wim

HP Recommended

If the computer continues to have a loud fan sound.... please consider blowing out the vents around and under the CPU with compressed air. This is needed to be done on a yearly basis, as lint/dust build up on the fan blades and reduce the ability of the fan to cool the CPU.

Frank

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.