Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello everyone, I've just downgraded my  Hp 15-ay007nl from win 10 to 7 and I can't find the driver of the USB controller thus my USB ports don't work at all. I've read somewhere that the new Skylake pci doesn't support win7, it could be the problem? Can you help me please?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi

The link below has all the drivers for your PC for win 7 from HP

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-15-Notebook-PC-series/10862300/model/12261358

try installing the chipset s/w

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer, I've already tried, they don't fix the problem. 

HP Recommended

if the USB is in other devices try to get the H/W ID and share it.. we'll try to get the missing drivers

How to Find Drivers for Devices Using a Hardware ID

The hardware id for a device in Windows can be found in the Windows Device Manager. To check the hardware id for a device, follow these steps:

1. Open the Device Manager from the Control Panel. You can also type "devmgmt.msc" at the Run option in the Start menu.
  2. In the Device Manager, right-click the device, and select Properties in the popup menu.
  3. Select the Details tab.
  4. Select the Hardware Ids in the dropdown list.

There can be multiple hardware ids for a device. The top one is the most specific identifier, and going down, the identifiers are more generic. The reason this is done is to allow a device driver to be selected based on a match to any of these hardware identifiers.
The hardware manufacturer in this example is Realtek, which is identified by VEN_10EC.
A hardware ID is typically in the form of <BUS>\<VENDOR ID>&<Device ID>&<Additional IDs>.
The Vendor ID is indicated by the four characters after VEN_.
The Device ID is indicated by the four characters after DEV_.

The hardware ID is available for devices in which drivers were already installed, for unknown devices and not recognized devices.

You can also use the hardware ID for a device to find drivers for that device by searching the Windows Update Catalog by clicking this link.

If you did not find device driver in windows Update Catalog, you can search for the Device ID to find the drivers through any search engine.

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Faber88 :

You need this USB3 driver...

This package contains the Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver for supported notebook models running a supported operating system. 

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp77001-77500/sp77082.exe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.