Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Sooo, I hope someone can help me. I do not have my original startup or recovery disks for my original windows vista aka windows POS and I did not keep my files when I installed windows 8 inadvertently deleting all my software and programs. Now things like my fingerprint scan, and other things are not working. I have went to the hp website and downloaded some drivers, (their only for vista) I was able to update the bios to bring back my quick play buttons and other touch buttons on the top of the laptop.

The problem I'm having is that I'm not able to use all my extra futures included with my computer. Anyone know how to get the drivers and software back. When I go into the device manager and I see all kinds of missing drivers, yet I have updated all the drivers listed on hp website. I tried calling HP and ofcourse they wanted to charge me an arm and leg just to get info on how to do this... Any help or links to fixing this would be greatly appreciated thanks! :smileyindifferent:

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please go to the device manager and click on all of the devices needing drivers and post the hardware ID's for them.

If you don't know how to find a hardware ID, please read the info at the link below.

http://www.devicedriverfinder.com/blog/device-drivers/how-to-check-the-hardware-id-for-a-windows-dev...

Please understand that there is no guarantee we can get W8 to work on your PC.

You may need to reinstall vista, and if you can read the 25 character product key on the bottom of the notebook, I will give you the instructions to make your own vista installation DVD if it comes to that.

Paul

HP Recommended

Paul, thanks for your help. I hate vista, I really really dont like it, plus I dont want to go through that process again. If their is anyway to get it working without that I would like to try everything first. Here is the info you requeted with a S/S of the drivers

AVerTV

USB\VID_07CA&PID_A312&REV_0104
USB\VID_07CA&PID_A312

Base System Device 

PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_12
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&SUBSYS_30D4103C
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_088000
PCI\VEN_1180&DEV_0592&CC_0880

Camera

USB\VID_046D&PID_08F6&REV_0100
USB\VID_046D&PID_08F6

Fingerprint Sensor

USB\VID_08FF&PID_2580&REV_0623
USB\VID_08FF&PID_2580

mass storage controller

PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3531&SUBSYS_30D4103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3531&SUBSYS_30D4103C
PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3531&CC_018000
PCI\VEN_1095&DEV_3531&CC_0180

Unknown Device

ACPI\VEN_ITE&DEV_8710
ACPI\ITE8710
*ITE8710

Unknown Device 

ACPI\VEN_HPQ&DEV_0006
ACPI\HPQ0006
*HPQ0006

Untitled.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi:

The 1180 is the ricoh card reader driver.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-53214-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

You are going to have to use the Vista drivers for all of the devices you posted and if they don't install automatically, then you should try to install them manually.

You try the manual install by clicking on the device in the device manager, then click on the driver tab.

Click on update driver and select the "Browse computer for software" method and browse to the installation folder that was created when you ran each file.  They will be located in C:\SWSetup\spXXXXX, where XXXXX is the file number of the download on the website.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked, and hopefully the drivers will install.

Here are the other unnamed drivers...

ACPI\VEN_ITE&DEV_8710

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-56390-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

Unknown:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-73359-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en

Paul

HP Recommended

thanks Paul, I updated the drivers you sugested,  but I am still missing the AVerTV, Cameramass storage controller drivers, could you please help me locate those? also is there anywas to get the software for the fingerprint scanner and tv tuner back on it? 

HP Recommended

Hi:

See this related thread about how to install the camera drivers.  The last person that posted installed it from the install from a list of devices method.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/166044-logitech-quickcam-messenger-drivers.html

The mass storage device is the esata controller.

Be connected to the internet and try the auto update method of installing the driver. Do what you did above but instead of the browse my computer, use the auto update choice.

I don't think there is any software that will make the fingerprint sensor to work.

I cannot find anything on the tv tuner. Try the auto update on that too.

Paul

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.