Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Recently, when trying to access websites from my emails, I continually get "HP Connection error" screen "Google Chrome cannot display the web page".  Chrome is my default browser.  Outlook is my Email default.  When I try another browser, I can access those sites OK.  Up until 2 weeks ago, this was not a problem.  I run Norton 365 as my anti virus system.  I am an old fella' and not too computer literate.  Intermittently, I have trouble just opening Chrome and get the same "HP Connection error" screen.  Totally at random intervals.  Can you help please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Veteran44 Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting the "HP connection error" on Google Chrome and are unable to use the browser due to the same, nothing to worry about though as it's an issue with a minor extension on chrome that's either corrupt or malfunctioning, please disable the HP Print for chrome using the below steps to resolve the issue:

1. On your browser, click menu.
  2. Select More tools > Extensions.
  3. To turn off an extension, un-check the Enabled box. Check the box to turn it on.

If an extension has an icon in your Chrome toolbar, you can right-click on the icon and select Remove from Chrome to uninstall the extension.

You can download it later on by clicking here 

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Veteran44 Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 
For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are getting the "HP connection error" on Google Chrome and are unable to use the browser due to the same, nothing to worry about though as it's an issue with a minor extension on chrome that's either corrupt or malfunctioning, please disable the HP Print for chrome using the below steps to resolve the issue:

1. On your browser, click menu.
  2. Select More tools > Extensions.
  3. To turn off an extension, un-check the Enabled box. Check the box to turn it on.

If an extension has an icon in your Chrome toolbar, you can right-click on the icon and select Remove from Chrome to uninstall the extension.

You can download it later on by clicking here 

Let me know if those steps worked for you.  If they did, that’s awesome!  Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, that’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!
Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I get the same too!! I have tried what the HP suggested ,  i  had no print extension.. i am constantly getting this error message it is making me loose my work ect. 

HP Recommended

Touching wood, a hard road to hoe in a computer world of metal and plastic, I have had no problem since following the instructions, such that I had totally forgotten that I had a problem!!!

Thank you very much,

Veteran44

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.